• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

22.3 FREEZING TRIGGER IDENTIFIED - Markers left on clips before merging

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSA: After the new update, we started running into a weird issue during synching where clicking on specific merged clips triggered the spinning cursor of death. Could not click on the clips or up/down arrow to them without Premiere freezing. The problem was replicated on several different computers using the same files, and every time, the same specific files seemed to be causing the issue (even when starting from a new premiere project and clearing cache).

We finally figured out that merging video/audio clips with markers on them produced an unclickable merged clip. Deleting the markers prior to merging solved the problem.

Hope this helps anyone suffering similar mystery freezing!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Thanks for letting us know, anonymous armadillo. Please file a bug if you have a moment: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin, will do. I have a quick question -- I've noticed that markers placed on video clips in Premiere sticks onto the actual source files. For example, let's say I import a specific video file "c0001.mp4" into Premeiere and then add a marker to the video clip. Later, if I create an entirely new Premiere project and import that same clip "c0001.mp4" -- the marker from a previous project will still be there. Do you have a suggestion for how to prevent this from happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello anonymous armadillo! This is my problem, too! The markers just keep showing up... Don't suppose you found any solutions for this? Many thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the markers to stop showing up, you need to go to the settings Screen Shot 2022-06-17 at 5.26.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped us at least, just make sure you take off all markers before merging anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! Hugely appreaciated. I'll give it a go! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I seem to have this problem but I want to have the markers because i´ve marked good parts of the shot. Is there anyway to do this without deleating the markers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines