• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 video clips; 2 containing audio - want to sync all 3!

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three video clips from three cameras all filmed simultaneously. One of the clips has no sound, so it will not multisource sync due to Premiere not being able to locate the nonexistant audio. So, what do I do in terms of matching the clip without audio? Help!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

After nudging

MyerPj_0-1660166381280.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easy enough. just drop that clip in with the others and eye-ball it as close to the others as you can. You can then nudge the clip into place. Use a 1/2 dissolve so you can see thru the clips and nudge it that way. Or simply look for some event happening on all three cameras to nudge the one into place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you're saying don't even merge them. Just place each of the three on a fresh timeline and match them up? I'm trying it now, since merging the B&C clips then dropping in the A-clip didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SyncingIssue.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with this is, now I don't quite understand what you mean by, "eye-ball it as close to the others as you can." I can't see all 3 of them at once, only the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can merge them when you get them sync'd. I was thinking you did a multi-cam sequence with the first two clips. Right-click the source sequence (in project) and 'open in timeline',  then drop clip 'a' into that multi-cam source sequence and line it up. Then when you have that done, right-click again in project and 'new sequence from clip' and you'll get an edting sequence you can use for the project, and the source sequence is there if you need to tweak the timing / placement of clip 'a'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, first of all, you are a great help! That's A. My mind is open; I'm Googling & YouTubing a lot, in combination with the things you've stated. I'm experimenting - think I'm getting somewhere. So, not in the photo I inserted (that was the 2nd experiment), but I did create the B&C multisource first; anyway, back to that. The problem is, it won't let me drop the A clip into the timeline. So, I'm going to have to try using the source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then keep it simple. Sync the two, then add the no-audio clip and just place it close to where you think it should go. Then put a dissolve or crop on the top clip and then you can see the two tracks and nudge around the one without sound.

Also, you can change the "Blend Mode" on the top clip and see thru it a bit, or do a dissolve between them. Here's a quick crop to see both...

MyerPj_0-1660165924378.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After nudging

MyerPj_0-1660166381280.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SyncIssue2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, for the record I saw no difference in the two photos. I couldn't figure out how to dissolve or crop, nor know what you meant! But, I just kept playing with it and playing with it, like you initially said - I guess that is what you meant by nudge? I did learn how to get all 3 vids on the same screen (YouTube)!! I didn't know I even had that functionality! I also didn't Ctrl-T automatically adds text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You helped me do it! Thank you very much!!!! I'm getting this video edited & uploaded to my YouTube channel (Kharismaticlee) asap!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done! Yes, that's how you learn. It takes a bunch of 'playing' (or 'working') 🙂 It's really fun though, video is so cool!

My first multi-cam project, I must have created 20 test projects first and at least 40 test sequences before I got to know it, and then work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, btw, I pasted the first clip into the 'after nudge' post but corrected it in about 30seconds. so you should see the different actual one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And finally, you can get to keyboard shortcuts from the Edit menu up top. Search for 'nudge clip' in the search box and you'll see the options for that.

MyerPj_0-1660168647087.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines