• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

34 minute and 57 second minus 1 second, it is the threshold ...

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me tell you one things straight.  I am planning to switch to DaVinci because of this Adobe's stupid bug.

Recently I tried to render a video which is 34 minutes and 57 second long (the length is the key, let me explain later), and the software crash right at the last second before it finish.  I tried several formats (H.264, MXF OP1a, even MP3).  It stuck at the same time: 34 minute and 57 second minus 1 second, not one second more or less.  I have to finish my project by rendering 2 shorter videos, and then send to my friend to merge it and render it with a 2019 version of Premiere Pro pirate version, and ironically, successfully.

Some days later, including today, I try to merge some other videos into one, which is, once again, more then 34 minutes.  They all stuck at the same point: 34 minute and 57 second minus 1 second, and once again, not one second more or less.

Will Adobe fix this stupid bug?  To be honest, I have just download DaVinci Resolve, and I am planning to learn this software, and once I've done, I will unsubscribe Adobe.  As a friend of mine (yes, the one who is using a pirate version to help me merge my video), said to me: "You paid to use the software, yet your software can't do the work I did with a free one."

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Export , Formats , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.  I hope they do it fast, because my next podcast editing job is in 2 days ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem is still there, I have installed beta to try the fix ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction: Can't do it in Media Encoder Beta, but at least it works when directly rendered from Premiere Pro Beta, when it is going very slow at the 34 minute mark ... and then, it can't finish the rendering: it stuck here for half an hour now ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Premiere and Resolve can struggle with bugs now. Because both are trying to be all things for all video post processing for all video media across all platforms and across all gear.

I think it's impossible to create an app with no guaranteed bugs under the above scenario. As a regular user of both, and someone who is on both the Adobe and BlackMagic forums ... most users of both are actually working away fine. Some have annoying bugs/issues but have workable (if also annoying) workarounds.

And some are just hammered, have to go back to a previous version.

They're all tools. Fancy hammers. Use what works. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying back a version on either app if that works better for you. Again, use what works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines