• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3rd Party Transitions

Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems so simple.  How does one drag a 3rd party transition (like Boris FX transition) between two clips?  They do not behave like native PP transition-- which work fine.  I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to drag and drop a Boris transition between two clips-- it simply won't do it.  And searches on internet and this forum haven't revealed anything yet.  Am sure this has been addressed before-- but I couldn't find a topic on this.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a video of how you are doing that.

Do other transitions drag OK to the same clips?

If they go to the timeline, but just don't work, did you try rendering the timeline by pressing Enter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dragging the transition over the cut between two clips.  Adobe transitions work fine-- it is 3rd party transitions (like Boris) that do not work in this way.  I recall finding the answer a couple years ago-- but I so rarely use 3rd party transitions, I forgot the process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating and/or reinstalling the transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bin called "BCC Transitions" in the "Video Effects" bin, ignore those as those are for After effects, use the "BCC Transitions" included in the "Video Transitions" bin instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the note.  Yes I am using the correct bin-- transitions.  There is a different methodology to applying 3rd party transition in Premiere (at least with Boris)-- I just can't find that process again.  Was hoping someone else had run into this as well, and had found the process.

Really is head-scratching why this simple process is so elusive. Will keep researching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to contact Boris FX Support:

https://borisfx.com/support/contact-support/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is a different methodology to applying 3rd party transition in Premiere"

No, I use BCC transitions and I use drag and drop like other built-in transitions without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As others have said, there is no difference in 3rd party effects vs the built-in transitions. I really does sound like you are grabbing from the "BCC Transitions" folder in the "Video Effects" directory. This would have the exact behavior you are describing. These are effects that you can apply directly to clips and stack them together, or use as effects in AE.

But, if you continue you have problems, feel free to contact support or visit our forum: forum.borisfx.com

Harry Frank | Director of Communities, BorisFX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines