Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3x3 grid; resizing individual video in real time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project for a large tradeshow where I scale each piece of my video down to 33.4 and place it in a 3 by 3 grid. I want to take a clip of video, for example the lowerest furthest right clip placed at X position 1600 and Y position 900 and in real time have it scale back up to 100% size filling the entire screen and covering the other squares. 

I'm attempting to use keyframes, but end up with the video immediately jumping to full screen instead of transitioning slowly. I don't remember how to describe this using the correct teminology, but I thought I remembered this not being as difficult as I'm making it.

I'm using the attached grid as my guidelines for sizing and placement.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Reliant Aerial Imaging,

Thanks for your detailed post. I have seen such issues around the community where keyframes are not animating very well. I can be a number of issues. Usually it has to do with the media and the capabilitiues of your computer system. Can you give us the specs of your media, your sequence settings. and details about the components making up your computer? Sorry for the problem. I hope we can help you out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I'm using a 2021 M1 Max MacBook Pro 16in with 64 GB of memory. I'm running Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1 and Premier Pro V. 23.2. All of my media is 1080p 30fps video, and of the nine screen segments four are displaying a static graphic and five are displaying video. My sequence settings are attached as a screenshot.

I typically haven't had any performance issues working with this project in the past, and think I must be inputting my keyframe data incorrectly. I can make the frame size change immediately, but not gradually expanding between my keyframes.

I appreciate any available help or suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the added into. How are you sizing your clips to a square ratio? Are you using the crop effect? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  should have specified that everything is in 16:9 aspect ratio in the grid: individual video and the full window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Have you tried rendering the animation? Set edit points. Then, choose Sequence > Render In to Out. A green bar appears in the timeline. Can you playback the animation now?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines