• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K 60fps DJI MAVIC AIR 2 footage choppy and laggy in playback and after export

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All footage was filmed with DJI MAVIC AIR 2. I have the project all finished but even when i put the playback window to its lowest resolution it still lags and holds onto the first frame of the clip. When you pause video while it is froze and then unpause, it will jump to the new frame but still freeze on that or show like 3 frames from that clip. While it is like this, I have tried tons of different export methods to see what works but still choppy. Any help is definately appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-09-12 030332.jpg

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed it is software encoding and the resolution is odd. Is it an odd variation of H.264/265? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no the format is just the normal H.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine might not be powerfull enough to handle the footage.

Convert or use proxies.

I would not use One Drive but rather a dedicated A/V folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i believe my computer has only like 7gb of ram. I was stupid to film it at such high resolution but i want this to turn out good and i will prolly just use 1080p next time. Can you give me any tips on how i can get this exported even tho i dont have a super fast computer. i dont care if it takes long i just want it to turn out. could you briefly explain, 

"Convert or use proxies.

I would not use One Drive but rather a dedicated A/V folder". Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screen shot states mp4 (h.264) 62.5 mbps (mgabits per second). An old mechanical hard drive can  play that back with ease. Pro Res, BRAW and R3D files can require 350 MBPS (megabyte per second). Is your hard drive getting pegged at 100%? Is you CPU getting pegged at 100%?  The video below might be helpful in order to help find the weakest link. Having said that it is good to clean out the media cache folder from time to time and delete any files you don't need. It is not wise to have your hard drive over 90% full. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er928vTLQ-o

This video demonstrates the results of using different drives for the media cache files when using Adobe Premiere Pro. Having said that the media cache files need to be cleared out from time to time. Adobe Creative Cloud: https://amzn.to/33rTUTYAdobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN Link is ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines