• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4k export bug

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm using:  H.264 format exporting at 4K.   Adobe Premier Pro.  Windows 10 
Expectation: Expecting a video that lasts for the actual duration of the video but you get one that's cut off

The bug: When I start exporting it, it will export like normal but when it is finished the video is cut off at a random point in the video. 
My video is 16 minutes long and it ends at 9 minutes when exported. This only happens on 4K. 

Exporting length: Exporting usually takes around 8 minutes.

Computer specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz

16 GB memory 
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

I spend a lot of time making these videos, this one took around 3 days to make and now I'm having more problems with adobe premier pro. 

I even used Media Encoder and it still cuts the video off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

First, make sure you have sufficient space on your target drive...How is your target drive formatted?  There are file size limitations to older formats.  And since 4K files will be much larger than lower resolutions (assuming that your using the same compressor/codec) that may be why the problem only occurs with 4k outputs.  Some drives still come formatted FAT32 which have a file size limitation of somewhere around 4 gigs.  If this is the cause, you can reformat the drive to NTSF or EXFAT...  B

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded this on youtube. This is another example of the issue I'm having. It ends randomly, I have an ending in my edited video but for this video ends short. 

[Part 4] Need for speed HPR except with Split/second Music and noises - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jk36988770 

Since your question is about Premiere Pro, I have moved this from the Using the Community forum (for questions about the forums) where you posted.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure you have sufficient space on your target drive...How is your target drive formatted?  There are file size limitations to older formats.  And since 4K files will be much larger than lower resolutions (assuming that your using the same compressor/codec) that may be why the problem only occurs with 4k outputs.  Some drives still come formatted FAT32 which have a file size limitation of somewhere around 4 gigs.  If this is the cause, you can reformat the drive to NTSF or EXFAT...  But be aware that reformatting will erase any preexisting files on the drive...  You can control click on your target drive when running file explorer and choose properties.  Pretty sure that will show the drive format.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer said it had space but I guess it wasn't enough. Kind of annoying. Thank you for the help 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, you should always leave a minimum of 10% free space on all drives and at least 20% on your startup drive.  So never a good idea to push the envelope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines