• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5.1 dolby export in PPro CC?

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a 5.1 sequence in a codec that support Dolby Digital 5.1 from Premiere Pro CC. The only option I can find is using AAC with a 5.1 channel, however the output is still telling me it's a Stereo export.

How can I export 5.1 Dolby from Premiere pro?

If not, how can I simply export a 5.1 sequence? Will the .aac codec give me true 5.1 surround sound?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Adobe dropped the support for Dolby exports. you will need to purchase the Surcode Dolby plug-in to get Dolby exporting back.

SurCode for Dolby Digital® 5.1 Encoder for Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Suite - Minnetonka Audio Web Shop 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe dropped the support for Dolby exports. you will need to purchase the Surcode Dolby plug-in to get Dolby exporting back.

SurCode for Dolby Digital® 5.1 Encoder for Adobe Premiere Pro Creative Suite - Minnetonka Audio Web ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to chime and say how much this is annoying. We regularly need to export 5.1 and 7.1 files and having to add a secondary plug-in now is kind of whack on top of legacy files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how i'm still able to export a 5.1 audio file with no surcode as long as it's in h264 format. Why is the dolby option only there for this and not for mpeg-dvd or mpeg-bluray?

Surcode don't support M1 Mac so I'm now stuck with no way of exporting 5.1 files for disc copies of my work 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 5.1 in H264 isn't Dolby Digital it's AAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fine for me. Essentially the only reason I use it is to seperate the dialogue into the center channel as I find it cuts through the music much better than a stereo orthotics output.

I know a lot of consumer home speaker kits simulate surround from stereo but I'm sure it can't sound as good... Can it?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines