• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

7Hour+ clip condenses to 5 hours once added to timeline

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded a 7 hour 30 min 1920X1080 clip from Vimeo.  After downloading it I check out the properties to see the downloaded video is infact 7 hours and 30 mintues. As soon as I import this clip into the project panel it turns into a 5 hour 12min video with the same resoultio but the clip is distorted with deplayed audio & the footage keeps jumping.

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

32gb of RAM

Windows 10

Premire pro 2022

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the video codec in QT or MediaInfo. What are the specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply, attached are the specs for the video, i always make the composition match the source footage FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you do this manually?
I know often users import the video, then drag the clip onto the little comp icon...which is a great way to go to match your comp to footage...UNLESS PP has auto-interpreted your footage incorrectly.  This could be frame rate, fields, audio channels etc.
Always best to check the footage before you do anything, inside the project bin.
Right click on it and go to /MODIFY/INTERPRET FOOTAGE/ and set or check your fields, Pixel Aspect & Framerate.  While you are there, there are tabs at the top to check/modify audio channels etc.

Finally, if the downloaded video is an H265 with Variable framerate, this could be your issue, and you MAY need to re-code this to a format PP is happier with. (I use the free and robust XMEDIA RECODE for these tasks.)

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BrettHowe,

Thankyou for the advice, I will attempt this at some point. Oddly enough, as soon as I downloaded PP 15.2 (2021) and ME 15.2 (2021)  it worked absolutley fine this no issues.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default Input in the Audio Hardware in the Preferences is set to No Input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines