• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

980ti Premiere Pro 22 h.265 files

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if the 980ti graphic card combo-ed with premiere pro 22 can handle H.265 4k DCI footage, 
trying to find out if it’s the graphics card or a bug in premiere pro 22, I only question this because the H.265 4k DCI footage works in premiere pro 15 with the 980 ti graphics card so I find it strange

TOPICS
Crash , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will admit PP SC 5.5 had better real-time playback then we have now. I imagine the 980 ti has very poor Nvenc support. I imagine your CPU is playing the H.265 video files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

according to puget, h.264/5 decoding is done entirely by the cpu. and you need a 10th gen intel cpu.

as to why it was smoother in an older version of premiere, that's hard to say. there's not much documentation on older builds.

nvenc was used for encoding not decoding. quicksync is the one i'm most aware of as the old method of decoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,

There may be an issue with the clip not being in a native sequence. I think I heard something like that, so I'll try to find out more. The OP mentions 4K DCI and HEVC. It would be good to see if the HEVC clip settings and the "full" 4K sequence settings match or not—maybe they're 4K, and the clip is UHD? Needs more info and screenshots.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

Premiere Pro does offer Quick Sync support for 6th generation Intel iGPUs and newer but the 10th and 11th generations do support more variations of H.264/265 when using Premiere Pro. My i9900K works great for encoding and decoding the H.264 video clips from my Sony A7 III camera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines