A better way to drop an asset into a timeline when it doesn't quite fit

Contributor ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a short cut that somehow makes it easier for me to shorten an asset when I want to drop it into a timeline?  That is, I must do this 300 times a day.

• Pick up an asset
  • Drag it to a row below on my timeline
  • Shorten The Asset trimming the end
  • Push the Asset into the hole

I made a little video to show what I mean.

move-insert.gif

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

There are many ways to do this with the tools in Premiere.

One way would be to copy that little piece you sliced, then instead of dragging it move your playhead to the gap and Insert Paste (Shift + Cmd + V on Mac or Ctrl + Shift + V on Win) which will push the trailing clip out of the way, then click on the empty area and delete it. Also, look up the Ripple Trim commands (Q and W). They are very useful and you could use them in conjunction with the Insert Paste to avoid even having to use the ra

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are many ways to do this with the tools in Premiere.

One way would be to copy that little piece you sliced, then instead of dragging it move your playhead to the gap and Insert Paste (Shift + Cmd + V on Mac or Ctrl + Shift + V on Win) which will push the trailing clip out of the way, then click on the empty area and delete it. Also, look up the Ripple Trim commands (Q and W). They are very useful and you could use them in conjunction with the Insert Paste to avoid even having to use the razor blade a lot of the time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines