• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter)

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

The error "A low level exception occured in Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter)" keeps appearing in every projects, and it prevents me from exporting my videos (Error compiling movie). Looking at the error tab, there is a long list and the time stamp where the error occured. It's written "(AEVideoFilter:13)"

I'm using windows, Premiere pro 2018 (ver. 12.1.2).

The error doesn't appear when i use another laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means that either you've a video driver issue or there's something "off" in the sequence at that time-stamp of the video.

As you didn't give any information on your computer ... OS/CPU/RAM/GPU/vRAM ... it's not something I can make a detailed guess at.

If you have your project settings for Mercury Acceleration set to anything but Software only, set that to Software only. Which is of course only an option if you have a dedicated GPU unit.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU : intel core i5-6198DU, 2.40GHz

RAM : 4Go

GPU : Intel(R) HD Graphics 510

I can't find how much vRAM i have sorry.

I can't even change to software only, it doesn't let me click on it, it's like the option is locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... that's such a low-power computer I'm stunned PrPro is running at all. Two very slow cores, half the "minimum" RAM, that's sadly an under-powered computer for this application.

And with that setup, the reason it's locked on Software Only is you don't have a graphics card, just the onboard graphics chip. Which is a rather low-powered unit for an on-board graphics chip.

To work with Premiere Pro, a rather complex app, you'd need a fair amount more power than your current computer can provide. I don't know any way around it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

As Neil mentions, the procedure to solve this error is to disable the GPU acceleration.

But you have an integrated graphic, and it gets a little complicated, you have only 4 gb of ram, that you will have about 3 gb of ram due to the graph, I do not know the resolution and size of the project but already the available memory is little.

You can try the following,

Update the Intel drivers.

Clean the cache folders:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Disable any unnecessary process that consumes memory, antivirus, firewall, etc.

Make sure you do not have images larger than 15% of the size of your project.

Start the program as administrator:

right click on "Run as administrator"

Test, if the problem persists, add more ram and a dedicated graph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having this issue with the 2019 Pr on a 2018 MacBook Pro i9 with 32g of RAM. The video in my sequences will not play, and the app will not close without a force quit.  I exported the XML's and reimported to Pr 2018 and now I am having some issues with Lumetri, but I am able to continue editing and the program runs well.

I have an older iMac (2017) that handles the seq. just fine, but there is not enough RAM to play smoothly through all the footage, so I would like to work on the i9 laptop. Any thoughts?

Could this have anything to do with the installation of Red Giant color suite? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your GPU, what settings do you have in Project Settings/General/Mercury Acceleration?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mercury playback engin GPU Acceleration (Open CL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Metal? I know that Apple is moving their OS to that rather than OpenCL.

Also, software only might get you working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the Mercury playback engine did not do anything for me. I think it is strange that the only to close the program is to Force Quit.  2018 is jamming along, but I would like to get the new version up and running. Do you think it is worth trying a reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see why not. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes to download the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, use that to uninstall and remove traces of PrPro, reboot, and download/install PrPro again. And often can fix this sort of thing if it isn't a driver or hardware conflict issue.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. The error ‘’a low-level exception occurred in AE.ADBE Lumetri (GPUVideoFilter::GetFrameDependencies)’’ appears every time I try to export my project and it happens exactly on 49%. The only way to close it - is to use force quite button. I have been trying to fix this error by myself for a whole month and also I changed 19version to Premier pro 20 but it does not help. I use Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal).

There is some information about my computer:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Processor  1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is happening at the point in the sequence where it chunks? Have you tried exporting up to that, and after that?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having a issue in adobe premiere where i cant't add text to video. I have a intel i7 8 core processor with 32 gb of ram and a 1050 ti graphics card and my card is only a couple months old. I have tried cuda and mercury acceleration and nothing is working. I even rendered out the project and still cant add text in a new window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very different issue and should have been a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well and it has put a halt on the project as I can not even Render the timeline.  I tried starting a new Project and

importing the old project.  I also cleared the Cache and miss the option in the Project Preferences to clean the cache directly.

I took the LUT off the clip in question and tried to render it again but the time line still had Lumetri effects throughout. 

I wonder if I need to install the LUTs  directly in the Adobe Application folder as opposed to external location when using them.

I can not proceed at this point and need help, please!

A low-level exception occurred in:Lumetri Colr (AEVideoFilter:11)

System:

Mac OS Sierra  10.12.6 Mac Pro (Mid2012)

40 GB Ram Memory

NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 6980 2048 MB

Premiere Version 12.1.2 (Build 69)

-Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was with windows and they said it was a windows user error so i would call adobe tech support and see what they can do since you have a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is an error that has occurred in several versions of the program, and the cause is not known, or at least I do not know.

However, I risk suggesting the following:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), or (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

then restart Premiere and try, and we see the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info....there is no such checkbox on the panels mentioned on Mac for Pr CC 2018 that I can find uner Preferences or Project settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this morning I deleted all the Media Cache Files in the Common Folder and opened the copied Sequence in the new Project I created and tried to render the timeline.  It FAILED again with the same Error Message. I then tried to export the Sequence using Match Sequence type and again it FAILED this time with a similar error message about Software Render Error.  I had changed my Preferences earlier when opening the project to Software only eliminating Cuda and other options and still getting a failed project output.  I'm pulling my hair out.....never seen this difficulty before.

I could not find the checkbox in Media regarding H.264 on my Mac Premiere menus as mentioned by Juanmario. Preferenced or Project Setting did not reveal this in CC Pr 2018.

I tried contacting Adobe-Santa Monica office nearby, but no direct line.  I left a voice message for Van Bedient and have not heard back at this point.  I'm drowning in this project and can't get it done.

Any further suggestions will HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Here ! but i find that delete Luts folder (with my personnal luts) in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common run premiere, close premiere and re-copy same luts folder in same path sometime resolve the problem….. this bug is long time ago, the other way i found is to use colorista to Apply lut and that run at 100%, thank you adobe and lumetri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're putting LUTs into the Program folder? NOT recommended, can screw you up, and doesn't work that well.

Here's the place to put your LUT folders/subfolders so that they work from the appropriate drop-down lists in Basic and Creative tabs across Ae, Pr, Me ...

Lumetri LUTs Looks Findable Locations.PNG

When you get down the folder-tree to the LUTs folder, you then need to create folders named Technical and Creative. Park your "Basic" tab LUTs in the Tech folder, your Creative tab LUTs in the Creative folder.

Relaunch Pr, and your LUTs should all appear mixed in with the included LUTs/Looks in alphanumeric order. Which is why naming your own LUTs can either group them ... or move them to the top of the list for quicker access.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil for your answer but i know what you explained, the only right solution for me is to use Colorista IV because premiere have bugs with lumetri and luts. So i  strongly recommend for everybody to use Colorista to work normally without aleatory lumetri bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with LUTs in Pr every day .. without issue. I use them less in the Basic tab's input slot, as realistically, any tech LUT for normalizing say LOG material should be processed ​following​ ​ the application of the tonal controls in the Basic tab ... such tech LUTs are "built" carefully using the perfectly exposed, contrast, and color-balanced camera/lighting setups of precise studio work.

Real media is never that precisely and tightly controlled, so as Van Hurkman and about everyone else (including camera manufacturer's) teach, you install a tech/conversion LUT in the viewing chain, then correct the media ​into​ that LUT with corrections prior to the LUT itself.

In Pr, that means using the Creative tab slot, and using the Basic tab to make the necessary corrections to get a neutral tonal image through the LUT ... and ready for further work.

This is how DaVinci Resolve works ... apply a LUT to a node, and it is applied ​after​ any corrections applied to that node.

As slickly as multiple Lumetri instances work now, this isn't an issue. It's pretty easy to 'normalize' via the Creative tab's slot, use the Creative Tab's shadow/highlight "TINT" controls to do the color-balance/cast corrections, the rest of that instance to bring the clip into balance with others ... especially with the shotmatching step in the Color Wheels tab.

Then use another instance of Lumetri if you need more corrections to a clip.

Then another for "Look" purposes. Perhaps using another LUT/Look applied in that instance's Creative tab, modified with the intensity and other controls of the Creative tab.

Not that Colorista isn't a particularly cool and effective tool ... with a nifty interface too! ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines