• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occured in Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter)

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

The error "A low level exception occured in Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter)" keeps appearing in every projects, and it prevents me from exporting my videos (Error compiling movie). Looking at the error tab, there is a long list and the time stamp where the error occured. It's written "(AEVideoFilter:13)"

I'm using windows, Premiere pro 2018 (ver. 12.1.2).

The error doesn't appear when i use another laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem is that lumetri or colorista don't work correctly with luts (when you want modify exposure it is more brightness than real exposure) it is why i use lutcalc or 3dlutcreator to do my corrections so as you can see adobe have to work before fight against Davinci resolve....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're talking about the "Exposure" slider in the Basic tab ... that's a weird set of actions. Testing with a split image of a standard 20 part ramp and a box of sections at different levels I've made, on "increase" it's like combining a bit of Gamma correction-up (centered about 70% or so) with a Gain operation, in curves it's a very humped increase along with moving the White point up some ... and decreasing ... it's more like a standard Whites or Gain tool going down. Think taking the white point of a Curves panel, pulling down, all other data moving in a straight line black-to-white.

Basic tab's "Black" control is more like wagging a dog's tail ... based (pivot point) at about 20 on the left-hand 0-100 scale. Another very odd tool.

Color wheels give very standard Lift/Gamma/Gain response for Luma (tonality) sliders.

I've communicated both at NAB and MAX and via "electronic means" with Program head through engineers on the weirdness of the Basic "Exposure" and "Black" controls. If enough people do, we may get better tools there.

Other than that, the newer Lumetri with that nifty additional set of Curves ... and I've never been a big user of Curves ... is rather useful. Puzzling out a quick production workflow takes some testing and thinking, but then, learning to be quick in Resolve takes some testing and thinking also. So ... is it a big enough project to afford budget/time for the conform to Resolve? Or ... do you get by with Lumetri?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how i organise my pipeline under Premiere Pro: i have my basic lut (kojicolor2383) that i underexpose by third with lutcalc. my base lut is at 2000iso: first underexpose at 1400, second 1000 and third 800 iso, like that i have all exposure i need. i use colorista IV to not meet aleatory bug crash like i said with lumetri next for more complicate coloriste need i use lutcalc or 3dlutcreator to generate a special lut from my basic one (kojicolor2383) and apply it with colorista IV. For the moment it is my pipeline and it is secure. i don't want resolve pipeline it is not my taste. here a tutorial with lutcalc: Working with V Log footage in 3D LUT Creator and Adobe Premiere - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing that info ... I always love to study the different ways people work! I'll have time to watch that a bit later today.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is where web is helpfull share our experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reseting your preferences seems to help me when I get an error like this, but I normally get "a low level exception occurred in adobe scopes (Transmit::CreateInstance) " I made a video on how I solved my issue. A low-level exception occurred in adobe Premiere Pro - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue while attempting to color the only clip on the timeline.  Updated my Nvidia 960M video drivers yesterday.

As a new user, this app seems very buggy. 😕

A low-level exception occurred in: Lumetri Color (AEVideoFilter:14)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ... graded 11 hour program across 51 clips of "slow video" last week.

Worked ok ... Pr can be a puzzler at times though.

What else is on that laptop for hardware?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

It's an ASUS laptop with Intel i7-6500U @ 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM.

Given that post by Adobe in one of the other threads about involving GPU acceleration and a fix coming soon in the next version, maybe I'll just put this Premiere thing on ice until all the bugs are worked out.

Resolve seems to work okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue and believe me...I tried EVERYTHING for two days.

Lumetri kept crashing, not with all luts, but enough to disturb my workflow critically. 

The best workaround with some additional benefits is LUT MIXER, a simple Premiere Plug-In from Germany.

Works fantastic. Why can`t Adobe deliver something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Couldn't find the answer in the forums but I managed to solve this error in my instance.

It seems that for me, Lumetri wanted to be the last plug-in in the effects control panel. I had swapped the hierarchy with neat video for noise reduction and it was causing issues. Once I placed Lumetri back at the bottom (last) of the plug-in hierarchy, it exported just fine. Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines