• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low-level exception occurred in: Importer MPEG (importer:39)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to edit a video and I'm working on the project on my desktop I have no issues but when I go to use my laptop and I open the same project I get maybe half the files that are fine and the other half that get the error above.  The laptop is brand new running an i8750H, 32gb ram, 1070 graphics card.  The desktop has an i7700, 16 gb ram, and a 1080 for a graphics card. 

I know I can go and change the file names to .MT2S and the place it in the timeline and it is fine but I'm wasting a lot of my time doing that.

To me this needs to be addressed because otherwise I'm just wasting a lot of my time.  I am on the newest version of Premiere 12.1.2 as of 9-19-18.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recommend you try this

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Restart Premiere.

If you still have problems with some files, close Premiere and proceed to delete the cache folders; note the link for the instructions:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2152942

Start Premiere and re-import the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so it still isn't working,  On the upside since I created proxies they work and I'm able to edit the footage but not export it to the quality it should be.  Last night I started another project but the files are 1080, I didn't have any errors thrown when I was importing any files.  So could this be an issue with high-resolution video? I'm not sure why that would make a difference but. idk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution to this message "A low-level exception occurred in: Importer MPEG (importer: 39)", is the one of my previous post, but, when it comes to MP4 or MOV.

The strange thing about this post is because it's M2TS, generally these are 1080, and this is a 4k file error or higher.

Another strange thing is that by default Premiere 12.1.2 has the Intel decoding for the MTS files disabled.

I'll have to keep investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, idk.  It is just weird I'm getting this error.  I generally shoot in 4096 x 2160 17:9. 

Also, you would think of it is importing just fine on one computer it would do the same on another computer. 

Thank you for trying to help, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Just wamt to thankyou for this as it worked really well for me havent had an error since , so thankyou so much, your epic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a laptop or Desktop?  What are the specs?  What resolutions are you shooting at as well?  My issue is with 4k video.  It really stinks that it's doing this. 

Something you can do till whatever this issue is fixed and this sucks doing this but make a duplicate file and change the file to a .M2TS file and you should be able to work with it in premiere then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method successfully work on my problem. Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please check your memory allocated to Premier ! i got the same problem by making a mistake by availing much more memory to other applications when i return the mazimum 10GB Memory to Premior pro it worked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love finding 2-5 year olf forum posts and still experiencing the same crap. 

ginnjoose_0-1613365053390.png

ALL these files still reside right where they were during import. Suddenly, they're "missing". Can't locate, link, or even manually bring them back into my project. Good times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun few hours. So far, I've completely wiped my Nvidia drivers with DDU and re-installed the latest, uninstalled and reinstalled premiere, renamed the root level folder where all my media is located and then manually relinked everything. Eventually, I got dozens of clips relinked and re-rendered .... then, IT HAPPENED again. 

So I repeated the above.....re-linked. 

New error. 

Good times. 

ginnjoose_0-1613376886523.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File: *LITERALLY exists* 

Premiere:  "..." 

ginnjoose_0-1613386699403.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated my BIOS and AMD chipset drivers, looking even better now! 

ginnjoose_0-1613390211800.png

It's worth noting that every time I flush the media cache and try to reload a project Premiere will FREAK out and say I'm using TOO much ram. It ends up consuming ~30 GB of my 31ish available RAM and everything freezes. It's GREAT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ginnjoose_0-1613390395595.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah same this is so dumb....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, been coming across the same exact problem, premiere pro is using like 90% of my RAM and I'm getting the same error when trying to edit. Did you find a solution to this yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having these problems for years : media cache gets corrupt when importing too much MP4 files...

Workarounds :

- Go to C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files

and delete the cache files associated to the media file (search with the media file's name)

Open Premiere and it will recreate that cache and see the media file once again.

- It sounds ridiculous but : in order not to let Premiere saturate the memory and corrupt cache files, click on the Premiere window then on the desktop window, navigate between the two : the memory will somehow dump itself and saturate less... 

- Buy more RAM... Had 32 GB, got 32 more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah spongetox, I dumped all my cache files, restarted PP and low and behold all those errors came up and I couldn't even play the video (using the space bar or the play button in the program monitor).  This is just getting frustrating b/c I have just begun putting together all the clips from our Kauai vacation and then ***POOF*** this error appeared.  Adobe works for a while and then (out of nowhere) I end up running into some weird error.  Oh, and I have over 100 Gb of RAM in my Dell Precision Workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For f*ck's sake! AGAIN!!! All of the week. Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!!! I have described this to Adobe so many times before. "Groundhog Day" in real life. I know what will solve the problem. Purchase DaVinci Resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing has changed. I just got this error. All files are as "media pending". Nothing is working. Adobe, for f*ck's sake! Can you guys finally fix this? How many years has this been going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn Adobe, fix these bugs already, you're getting a lot of money, it doesn't make sense that there are bugs all the time, I'm fed up already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha i have the same issue now. im editing a wedding project right now for the last weeks and today, PP felt very laggy and wasnt working really well so i decided to make a PP update bc there was one. after finishing the update i was planning to finish my color grading and export it to ship it to the customer tomorrow but well... i think i have a big problem now... before the update EVERYTHING was working, it was a bit laggy but it worked and every clip was working but now after the update...as soon as i start the project ill get the same error code but with a little twist. i get blackscreens on both of my monitors, than my main monitor eventually comes back but my second monitor stays off and windows wont recognize it anymore unless i hard reset my computer via power button and i have all the other issues too, some footage is completly fine while other footage is declared as "offline" while its literally there as above described. man i get duplicate 335 GB of footage just to make it work again. i dont have the space for that atm. My Client will be frustrated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who found this old thread from googling the problem. I had this problem after moving a project onto my laptop. I was able to resolve it by deleting the video files off of my internal SSD and then re-transfering them from the external SSD where I have my Footage Stored. Maybe if you have a single drive you could try moving them into a different folder and then relinking the media in Premier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, just replying here to confirm your theory, I happened to be unknowingly editing via a external hard disk that was attatched to my laptop. When I removed and relocated the files onto my laptop, stopped facing the issue.
Moral of the story: Hard disk editing - bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines