• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low-level exception occurred in: Importer MPEG (importer:8) - on project open

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On opening the project all media loading normaly and after that program crashes without any error, just gone...
Sometimes it shows this error before closing itself.

I have worked with this project quit a while, all media clips have been imported and edited already without issues, so it can not depend on some demaged videos.

After last Premiere CC 13.1.2 this problem occurs.

But not always, sometimes the project loads normaly, but I would say 90% it crashes..
When the project is laoded and did not crash there is no problem after that with any clip, issues occurs just on loading the project media...!?

And yes I have tried all of this :
- enough space on disk, used different disks
- enough RAM (Windows 10 / i5)

- deleted all media cache, tried different new cache locations

- user preferences deleted
- reboots
- reinstall premiere
- used different devices (ssd, hdd)
- made a new admin user in windows and complete install of premiere

Please help or fix!
I can not work at all at this project!

Thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

I now installed older Premiere version, going back step by step, error was the same.

BUT on 13.0.2 it was gone! Same project, same media, same hardware - no problem at all!

For me there is a software issue on decondig on open.

Adobe Support: "as it is project related, we can not help and closing case"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now installed older Premiere version, going back step by step, error was the same.

BUT on 13.0.2 it was gone! Same project, same media, same hardware - no problem at all!

For me there is a software issue on decondig on open.

Adobe Support: "as it is project related, we can not help and closing case"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey filmk970... I am having the same isuue as you exept it's spread out across all my projects, from different versions and even one from today. I have done countless driver updates as well as re installing the latest version of premiere pro. I have found that when importing media or recently loading up a project my memory usage spikes to nearly 100% while cpu load dropps?? also crashing 90% of the time and when it dosent crash its fine until another import. 

I am running a laptop setup:

Windows 10 pro 

i7 8750h 

Nvidia GTX 1060 

16gb ram 

etc.. 

found an old abandoned thread today on the same issue, not too many people seem to be having it... its killing my work time and needs to be fixed. Pr has a bad reputation for memory leakage but I dont thinks thats the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, premiere would crash 100% of the time when opening some projects.  With other projects, it worked fine.  I uninstalled version 14.0 and reverted to version 13.1.5 and it's working fine.  So frustrating and total waste of time dealing with it, but glad it seems to working now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that if it is happening every time that you open a project, you can create a new project and import the old project into the new one and it gets rid of the problem. I seem to be getting this issue on a number of my projects and it's a bit of a clunky workaround but I hope they fix this issue as it seems to appear quite frequently.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Fix “A low-level exception occurred in ImporterMPEG” Error in Adobe Premiere Pro?

140MM FANS.JPG

https://letsmakeiteasy.tech/how-to-fix-a-low-level-exception-occurred-in-importermpeg-error-in-adobe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case this helps anyone, I just fixed this error by realising that one or more footage clips were stored in a folder that had backed up to Onedrive and those files were currently not 'stored on this device'. A mistake on my part... but yeah. Move them to a permanent location and re-target. Hope it helps someone not go crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines