• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:37)

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP finally starts working after crashing constantly and now this with the new update: 12.1

A low level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:37)  - rendering the imported footage unusable.
Nothing else has changed barring the AE and AME updates.
Anybody else with this?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

If it was working on previous versions, roll back, I don't think this version of Premiere on this generation of your CPU

will handle H.264 files normally ... are you on the latest premiere pro update released days ago ? if no try to update

premiere to the latest, if yes, roll back to previous working versions

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carlos,

I'm getting errors while importing MXF files, Exception 37.  The video files are imported and play, but the error worries me. Can you explain what Exception 37 is?

We also use CatDV as a media server, and MXF files imported into PP projects is a 50/50 chance.  As MXF is an industry media standard, is Premiere Pro addressing this issue?

I've read articles suggesting that we convert files to Mpeg2, but that seems like a lot of work considering the amount of footage I'm dealing with.

Mac environment, 4k footage, OS 10.12.6 on my system. I did read about 10.13, but our IT guy would have to get involved to update all the computers in our department. Is that the silver bullet?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey try to clean your Media Cache as a first step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue with mpeg encoder error 8. Unticked this and is working.

I have a Lenovo x1 extreme, also the playback is smoother. Looks like this was conflicting with my system.

Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem too, very frustrating of course, but I checked my update status and found an updated version for my Premiere Pro CC to Version 12.1.1 Build 69 and it's fixed. So far.

Sorry, I forgot to take note of the version that was causing trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. Exact same error message: A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:37), and crashing repeatedly. Super frustrating as I'm in the middle or a weekly-released web series and trying to keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievably frustrating for you! My PP  (Build 69 V12.1.2)  and AE are now working seemingly without a hitch and importing MP4's with no problems. This is totally random after trying all the fixes suggested which did not work at the time. Sorry I can't tell you why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe tech support and they were able to fix the problem. It took about 30 min on the phone. They said I was experiencing this problem because of a problem with workspaces. I guess when you create a workspace in a project on one computer then try to open it on another (particularly with different screen numbers and/or resolutions) Premiere tries to force the workspace to work and that causes the problem. The tech helping me took control of my computer and changed permissions for 5 or 6 Adobe folders as well, which seemed to help somehow, but he said the main problem was with the workspace. I hope this is somewhat helpful for any others trying to fix this problem. Adobe Premiere's tech support number is 800-833-6687.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been plaguing me for months now and this definitely fixed it. I didn't call however, I just deleted all my saved workplaces and reset all the default workplace tabs by double clicking on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have problem with my premire pro

"Low level exception occurred in importer mpeg (importer:8)."

Can u step by step show me how to replace that?

I need help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since today reporting: "Low level exception occurred in importer mpeg (importer:8)."

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for anyone still having "importer 37" error:

i tried almost all the listed solutions, nothing worked..
now i decoded the problematic video to .mkv with an online video converter and bamm! it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DELETE A PASTA DA ADOBE CRIADA NOS DOCUMENTOS 
ABRA O PREMIERE ANTES DE ABRIR O PROJETO VAI EM CACHE DE MIDIA E EXCLUA TODOS OS CACHES 
PRONTO O ERRO SOME ESPERO TER AJUDADO AQUI RESOLVEU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pp dosent crash but it has this error with mp3 only

error message: the importer reported a generic error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still cannot believe someone hasn't come up with a fix for me.  Some of these posts are from 2017.  It's 2022 and it still is plaguing me.  I've done all the fixes and nothing works.  Briefly last night when I change the preview to Quicktime it worked.  Then I went back to editing this file I have been working on for the last three weeks and within 30-minutes...***BOOM*** it's back to doing the same thing.  I can't even preview/watch any of the footage in my sequence.  So I shut down, restart, and it does the same STUPID thing.  UGH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not saying, "I found the fix" but I did find a workaround.  As I was working on a very long video project and doing my first edit, I started adding mogrts where I wanted to put text on the screen.  Well, every time I would close the project and open it back up it would give me a font error for Futura-medium.  So I went and deactivated the font in Adobe CC and it still kept coming up.  So I found the font in question (PC Windows/Fonts) and deleted the font.  Then I went to the internet and re-downloaded the font, installed it and reopened PP.  Well the same error kept coming up.  Frustrated, I went to every place on the timeline where I had a mogrt, added a marker (I use adjustment layers b/c they make for an easy marker and you can rename them to the text you want to add later), and then deleted the mogrt.  Next, I saved the file and no more of those stupid ImporterMPEG (Importer:81) showed up.  I'm crossing my fingers that I can still add mogrts when I get closer to being done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines