• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A missing waveform in my audio tracks

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Premiere Pro CS6 for some years, but am new to CC.

I am currently doing a multi-camera edit, and have loaded two videos. The waveform shows in one of the soundtracks, but not the other, although the sound for both tracks plays perfectly. I want the waveforms both visible, as this aids synchronising the tracks. I have already tried clicking on "expand soundtracks" but it only shows or hides the visible waveform, and has no effect on the other one.

I have attached a screengrab of what I am seeing, in case somerthing is visibly unchecked!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clearcomms-france,

We're sorry to hear this. Are you facing this issue with a specific media clip or is it with all of them? Also, have you tried clearing the cache files (https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files/td-p/...) and checked if it's working properly? Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I tried to indicate, I have imported two files (from identical cameras filming the same thing at the same time). The sound plays from both cxameras - but only one shows the waveform - see below for a further thing I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try highlighting the clip with the missing waveform,  and go to Sequence > Render Audio. This often creates the waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a simple suggestion. I tried it, but it made no difference. Appreciate you taking the time, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decided to test something, so converted the original MTS file to an MP4. Imported that and the waveform shows up. So it is presumably something to do with the original file.

I originally imported two MTS files - one shows the waveform, the other doesn't. Is this a clue (I hope!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes such issues might occur due to the cache files getting corrupt (Clearing the cache helps in such cases). Also, it may happen due to the encoding issues (Transcoding the media helps in such cases). You may try clearing the cache and check if the original mts file is working properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, try clearing your cache. If the issue persists double click on the media so that you can view it on source monitor, then drag the audio alone to the import folder on premiere... After doing so you can now drag your audio to timeline and merge with the video. I know it's a long process but it's worth than converting long videos to .mp4

Kelvin M Ndung'u

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It is obviously a minor problem with the original file. Doing what you suggest - which is actually pretty quick and simple to do - just gives me another track with no waveform. I then tried the next piece of footage in the sequence, shot on the same camera. No problem - waveform showed fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines