• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A note to Adobe

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, if you read this, please consider that the software you make are tools for professionals. This is how I support my family. When the tools you make don't work properly, and you know that they don't work properly, please let your clients/customers know.  A real-time up-to-date webpage that lists the known issues that you are working on would be extremely well received and appreciated. Your current known issues page hasn't been updated since December.

I spent hours the other day trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with my exports, just to find out it's the software that's not working properly. 

My family's livelihood depends on the software you make, please keep your customers in the know.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Scott,

Sorry about that. What's going on with your exports? What's "not working" with the software? Let me check on things to make sure a bug exists for your case. Exporting is an integral part of the editing process. I apologize that you had trouble.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin.

I believe they are aware of the issue and are working on it, but in case they aren't.

I'm having to export for TV broadcast and the delivery spec is interlaced XAVC. From what I've deduced, my M1 Max MacBook Pro has issues with exporting interlaced videos. I get buggy export with double frames and all types of issues.

I took the same project and exported it using my 2018 Intel based Macbook Pro and everything worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

I think I tracked down the XAVC-I issue. You can try it out now in the Beta version of Premiere Pro, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry, this bug created this problem for you. I'm glad there's a fix.

By the way, have you tested out the Rosetta mode on your M1? That might avail you of the feature if you are away from your Intel-based setup.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The beta version didn't fix the issue and the using Rosetta didn't help either.

Intel based Mac is the only fix for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines