• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A7S3 glitching in 15.4 Premiere Pro on M1 MacBook Air 16gb

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd updated to 15.4 Premiere, which now has native support for M1 Macs, on my M1 Macbook Air 16gb, but now there's imaging glitching randomly in almost every A7S3 XAVC-S 4K footage when viewing on monitor and even after exporting them! This happen a lot in Beta version before.

If I swtich back to 15.2 Premiere without native M1 support, the glitching is gone. Or as I swtich to other source files like A7C footages, the glitching is gone as well. I think this only happen ti A7S3 footage. 

Does anyone have same issue? Maybe this will be resolved in future update?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi @defaultxyjvoixrrgs0 @outkasta @alexandreh47044936 @Silkr0ad @Leonie5CC2 defaultxw549fsl2ywx

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Hi @alexandreh47044936 

Thanks for the confirmation. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. The issue has been fixed in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

It is not available yet in regular builds, though on track to be available there also. You can continue working with Beta builds for now. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

16gb is too low for 4k footage, it's already such a battle to make premiere work smoothly on any type of laptop.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bro, the smoothness from running 4K 10 bit 422 footage is insanely good in M1 Mac even by 8gb hardware. But A7S3/FX3 has glitching issue. That's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a machine with more ram and we'll talk about it. Also, do not call me bro.

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously don't understand the issue, RAM has nothing to do with it. 16GB is more than enough on Apple silicon and this issue is ONLY present on A7Siii/FX3 footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get M1 Mac and we'll talk about it. Bruh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've one and I'm not editing my super heavy footage on it cuz it's the dumbest thing you can do if you wanna lose time 

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same problem here with my A7S3 footage, only solution seems to be switching back to intel version 😞 seems like a pretty huge oversight, especially if this was present in the beta and not adressed before stable release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what's already problemic in Beta version just got carried onto stable release. Hope Adobe fixes it ASAP!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, you may try transcoding the media files using any external transcoder like Handbrake & check if the transcoded files are working properly in Premiere Pro.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COOOOOL! Plz fix it. It was there in beta.

And I only tried using proxy and proxy files became glitching too like files exported. Right now I'm using Final Cut Pro and waiting for further update in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will do the same. You're losing customers, Adobe! Get on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the exact same problem, same Mac, same camera (the Sony FX3 version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leonie5CC2!

Could you share some sample files with us for testing? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have the same issue with the FX3 footage (in preview and in export) and i have the new macbook pro M1 16go Ram 1to ! I have to downgrade adobe premiere (15.4 to 15.1 (i don't try the 15.2). With the 15.1 no glitch issue (in preview and in export).

I check my footage in VLC and no glitch appear.
Since The 15.4 i have this problem.

With the beta version, it s the same !

I m ok with the 15.1 but i really need to subtitle my videos (and with the beta version it s really awsome !)

So if you have a solution or any idea, it will help me a lot ? thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and i try a lot of solution which i found on youtube, no one have worked :

- transcode my footage in H264

- free my cache in premiere

- try beta version

- put the cache files in an external ssd

The only solution which works is to downgrade premiere in 15.1 (or 15.2). it works well but i don't have all the features and transcript voice and subtitles.

I have to do the manipulation (zip open in text edit and change the numer of version in log and so on) to change the version of my .prproj in order to read it with a lower version.

By the way, i try to edit on Da vinci Resolve and it works fine ! (no glitch issue) but i m not confortable (now, but maybe later 😉 with this soft.

Thanks

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a simpler fix for now if you want to stay on the latest version of Premiere - right click on the application in finder, choose 'get info' and tick 'Open using Rosetta'.
This will open the intel version of the application instead of the M1 native version, and the issue isn't present on this version.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coool, this sounds like a good temporary fix. Still, y'all know why we here. Native M1 support version of Premiere for A7S3/FX3, no glitching!!! Come on Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened premiere using Rosetta and the visual glitch is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexandreh47044936,

Sorry about the poor experience. We're investigating this issue. In the meantime, if you want to use the latest version of Premiere Pro,  you may transcode these media files using any external transcoder like HandBrake & then import the transcoded files in Premiere Pro. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issues for me. I've been struggling with this through all the beta versions since January, hoping that an M1 native version would be the end of it. Sadly my project deadlines have now forced me to switch to Final Cut. My Adobe subscription has just been a waste of money this year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, in January!

More and more brothers and sisters are coming out. Adobe, ya know what it is. M1 native support for A7S3/FX3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. We all know it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this issue anymore with the last beta version. Don't have yet tried with the regular one. Check if i m right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines