• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access Premiere clip colors

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started learning scripting for AE and Premiere, so excuse me if I use any wrong terminology.

I just need to know if through scripts, I can automate the label colors of the clips on the timeline based on the track they live on.

I usually color code my clips while editing, so all clips on the same track have the same color. So I was hoping that, instead of me changing the clip manually when I add it to the track, there would be a way to tell Premiere to change all clips on V1, for instance, to one of the available Label Colors.

I hope my question makes sense.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Not sure about AE (Zac?), but PPro does not expose label colors, via ExtendScript. I'll add your vote to the API feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

You can get/set the label applied to a projectItem, but not a trackItem (which may have a different label).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about AE (Zac?), but PPro does not expose label colors, via ExtendScript. I'll add your vote to the API feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your reply, Bruce. It's a shame this is not available in Premiere as a feature or accessible through ExtendScript. Hope Adobe implements it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruce,

Has there been any further development on this? I'd like to contribute a vote towards it if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no updates on that. I was looking for the same feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change clip colors in a track via the API, but only by changing the clip's project item color and having the timeline setting "Show Source Clip Name and Label" enabled in Premiere, which doesn't work for everyone's use case since each project item can only have one color across the whole project.

JustinTHyperBrew_0-1688582136559.png

Only other way is to change them manually, or set a hotkey to change a specific color and trigger that hotkey with AHK or something hacky like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If interested in the ProjectItem approach, here's some more info on that:

https://ppro-scripting.docsforadobe.dev/item/projectitem.html#projectitem-setcolorlabel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to get some clip from a track and modify this clips based on the color of the clip, but it seems this is not available yet (since 2016 when @Bruce Bullis put his post).

This would be great for automating changes to Adobe Premiere projects automatically

Thankd and KR,

Anderson Marques

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get/set the label applied to a projectItem, but not a trackItem (which may have a different label).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines