• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing a project from 2018 and the footage cuts are all wonky

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I'm using the latest PP on a Mac Studio (yassss, fancy new computer) and trying to revisit a project from 2018 for a client who wants to make some modifications to the timelines. Loaded everything and the cuts are a bit off, like the code is pointing to the wrong part of the footage. I.e. if the person is supposed to be saying something from later in their interview, the part that is cut in the timeline is from earlier in the interview and doesn't make sense. I seem to remember this happening to me before but I cannot remember what we did to fix it.

Additional information, cleared cache, cleared out all the rendered files, tried with different versions of the same project (even auto saves), tried with various versions of PP (back to 14.3 because customer support was not helpful in getting anything earlier), and it is still not working properly.

Have spent HOURS on the phone and on chat with support only to be told it's a problem on my end not with the software. I really don't want to recut several videos from 2018 for this sync issue. Anyone have any other tricks up their sleeves? I've already lost nearly a full day on this BS.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

After 4 hours of dealing with this today with "support" come to find out, it was a relinking issue and what PP now selects as defaults. If you are opening a project for the first time in a long time and you've moved files etc, UNSELECT Align Timecode. That seems to have been the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 4 hours of dealing with this today with "support" come to find out, it was a relinking issue and what PP now selects as defaults. If you are opening a project for the first time in a long time and you've moved files etc, UNSELECT Align Timecode. That seems to have been the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CDallasGoldenChicago,

Sorry about that. Glad that support helped you solve the issue. I have a feeling your original media was card-based and there was an update to the feature a couple of versions ago. I will see if your solution helps others with similar issues. I really appreciate you posting back with what worked for you. It could actually help solve the same issue for others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines