• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing Effect Controls of a Nested Sequence From the Main Sequence

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm coming from After Effects where you can lock the View panel of one comp and edit layers in nested precomps and see the result without stepping in and out of that precomp. Is there a way to access the Effects Control of a clip in a nested sequence while still previewing my main sequence? Maybe a way to lock a view and make a new view of my nested sequence, I need to make incremental changes to a clip and stepping in and out of the nested sequence is really inefficient. I've searched all over this forum and Google for an answer and un-nesting and re-nesting isn't what I want. Nor has the Multi-Camera function been helpful. Honestly I wouldn't even know Premiere would call it for me to do a search.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have mulitple sequences open at once in the Timeline panel, and simply click the sequence name in the top of the timeline panel to change which is 'active'. You can even have multiple timeline panels open.

So could you open the nested sequence by itself, while also having your working sequence open?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I do have the nested sequences' timelines tabbed, and I even tried undocking it to a new panel, but when I select one the Program view changes to the selected sequence. I'm looking to have the Program lock some how to only preview the main sequence so I can make adjustments in the nested sequence and see it in real time. Multiple view panels is feature of After Effects and it's SUPER helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola que tal, si es posible hacerlo solo debes abrir el monitor de referencia:

1.png

 Espero sea de ayuda.

saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines