• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally placed just the proxies in the timeline. Can I undo my mistake?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I just finished a project and realized that I worked the whole time with the proxies and placed the wrong files in my timeline. Is there a workaround to replace the proxies with the original files again?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Yours, Danny.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlink and try to relink to the original files.

How did you manage to put the proxy files on the timeline: normally you cannot if created by Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think for this project I created the proxies in camera for the first time, to save some time afterwards.

It worked fine, the proxy bin is inside the folder with the original files and all the proxyfiles are named correctly with "_proxy" at the end. The weren't attached to the original, but I caught up on that and linked all the files. 

Unfortunately that didn't solve my problem, because in the timeline are only files from the poxybins. 😕

I thought about renaming all the originalfiles with "_proxy" at the end and then delete or move the actual proxies, 

so that I can link the files in the timeline to the originals, but I'm afraid that this could ruin the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines