• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

added regular text to a video frame and it shows up as bold when I play the video

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out how to keep regular text in a video frame and not have it bold when the video is played. As far as I know, I don't have any bold options selected and it shows up as regular text when the video is paused. I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. Below is a screenshot of the font settings. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 10.44.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

What's the playback resolution? You can check it under the Program monitor. If you have 1/2 or lower resolution during playback you'll see quite different text rendering while previewing due to quality degradation for real time preview. If you see the right text rendering when paused and it looks different when playing that's possibly the reason why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex

I checked the playback resolution and I have it as full. If I change it to 1/2 or 1/4, the text rendering worsens. Below I have a few more screenshots of the text. The one on the left is when it's paused and the one on the right is while it's playing.

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.44.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-12 at 10.45.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my experience as well. Text in an exported project or playing back in a Full resolution preview is a step bolder than when it's not playing back. If I step down to a Light version of a font, it looks light until playback, when it looks regular. Tim's screenshot is spot on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Has there been any solve to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a different font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same 😞 is there already a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines