• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding custom metadata to scenes (or timecodes ranges) within a video

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a use case where I want to break down a video into scenes and for each scene I want to add custom metadata. One example is, I want to add a locale to each scene (e.g. locales would be kitchen, street,  bar, hospital, office etc.). And I want this to be a specific list or a dropdown, not an open text field. 

I wan to add multiple custom fields like these, where it might be a single select list/dropdown or multi select. 

Does anyone know if I can do this or if there are any existing plugins that might help here?

If not, I am open to creating my own plugin to do this, but I haven't explored enough yet to know if this is feasible, possible. Any help on this would be appreciated as well. 

TOPICS
How to , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Metadata accessible via the Metadata panel is the same, for all times within the given piece of media. 

The only way to attach temporal metadata to media, is with Markers. There is no way to add drop-down data fields, to markers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can easily (well, mostly so) add all sorts of columns to the Project panel, and that includes things like logs, notes, and others where you can enter information. You can customize the metadata used in the meta bar and name your own meta panels.

Doing the data logging in the metalogging workspace is great, as it's easy then to batch apply your meta.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add a "notes" column to my Project panel to do this, but there isn't a dropdown menu to select from so you type it in yourself on every clip. You can see all the metadata options by right-clicking the top banner in the Project panel (next to Name...Frame rate...etc.) and selecting "Metadata display..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Metadata accessible via the Metadata panel is the same, for all times within the given piece of media. 

The only way to attach temporal metadata to media, is with Markers. There is no way to add drop-down data fields, to markers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines