• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding new LUTs causes problems in previously saved projects

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the "Looks" dropdown in the "Creative" section of the Lumetri Color effect is based on an index, not a directory path. 

Steps to replicate:
Apply the Lumetri Color effect to a clip in the timeline.

Choose a LUT from the “Looks” dropdown. For this example, just choose the last one in the list.

Save and quit Premiere.

Manually install a new LUT in the LUTs directory within the folder structure of Premiere Pro.

Reopen the previously saved project and notice the previously applied LUT has been “pushed” out of place by the newly added LUTs. To clarify, if the previously applied LUT was 10th in the list, after reopening the project, the 10th in the list is still chosen no matter what the new LUT's path or name is.

I often have to go back to old projects to reuse footage or re-export new changes. This index issue drives me nuts because entire projects that have multiple different LUTs applied are now showing all new LUTs as I am constantly editing my collection of LUTs. 

I’ve submitted a bug fix, but I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue, and more importantly, is there a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Gavin,

Just tested this ... and you're right. I did NOT have this behavior in at least 2015.3/4, though as I'm thinking, I haven't added any LUTs or Looks in the Creative folder system since I moved to 2017, so it could have been in this all along.

It might be a "design" decision, but to us users, it's a BUG. So time to file the report, as there's no workaround for it. Except to make sure your names of any added Look/LUT files are alphamumerically "after" the last built-in one!

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Kindly check this Link :
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/looks-and-luts.html
To install a custom LUT file, create one or more of the directories listed below:
For - MacOS

Available only to the local user:

• /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative
  • /Users/<user_name>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical

Available to all users:

• /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative
    • /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Techni

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's apparently been a "relative" id used in the Creative tab's Look/LUT slot since they created this Lumetri panel. It fouls people up regularly.

The fix is easy enough ... create a subfolder under the Creative folder, and drop your Looks & LUTs you'll use in the Creative tab there. The crazy thing is I can name them such that they'll pop up first in the listing, as it looks through all subfolders and does an alphanumeric list of what it finds. But I can add things into the subfolder without Lumetri losing track of which Look/LUT is being used if you use one in the main folder.

One BIG caveat ... you put anything in a PrPro Tech or Creative folder-tree, and queue over to AME for export ... if you didn't also put that in the same arrangement in the AME folder tree, you probably will be less than pleased at the export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. If I understand you correctly, the problem persists. My LUTs are already organized in subfolders within the Creative folder. I tried adding a new folder with LUTs intentionally named "1.cube" and "2.cube" so that they would become the first items in the list alphanumeric list. When I reopened Premiere, sure enough, the previously added LUTs were "pushed" out by the newly added ones, giving the result of an unwanted grade on my test clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woa ... that's ... not what I've had.

Maybe I'll check that out, to see if something changed I didn't catch!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gavin,

Just tested this ... and you're right. I did NOT have this behavior in at least 2015.3/4, though as I'm thinking, I haven't added any LUTs or Looks in the Creative folder system since I moved to 2017, so it could have been in this all along.

It might be a "design" decision, but to us users, it's a BUG. So time to file the report, as there's no workaround for it. Except to make sure your names of any added Look/LUT files are alphamumerically "after" the last built-in one!

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst this is answered above it's still a right royal pain in the @rse when you're revisiting old footage!

I just opened up an old project in 12.1.1 and the LUTs are all over the place. It looks like I've edited my project with some funfair glasses on. The idea of a software applying something as important as LUTs by COUNTING the slots is so 2001. Feel like I'm being scalded for adding some creativity (cough) to my editing.

If there's a programming reason for this then I'd accept it if there was a place where I could go and read a txt file or something to see what LUT I applied originally a year ago and re-apply it. Do I have to write down the LUTs I apply in every project I do and to which clips?

It's late and this kind of thing is just tedious. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A problem between versions has been if one used the Programs/Adobe/Premiere Pro X/Lumetri/LUTs/ and then the Technical or Creative folder, you have to copy your LUTs "forward" from the last version.

Now that they have a folder tree the program will automatically look at in the Users folders, it's finally a sensible arrangement. You put your LUTs/Looks in there, and from this version forward, they'll just appear in the drop down lists.

Wish they'd done this a couple versions ago, you wouldn't have to do this mess. Just make sure to put your LUTs in:

Users/<username>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common/LUTs/ ... in subfolders for Technical (Basic tab) and Creative (Creative tab).

Then do all your changing of LUTs on clips, and won't need to move them again. Or re-attach them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly, I started to look for a text file but so far all I find are instal logs and error logs. Please tell me there is some kind of log for the luts/project. I have over a thousand luts on my computer and it would take me months to check them all one by one, it wouldn't be so bad if PP would allow the down arrow to browse through the luts, but no, I have to hit the dropdown menu every time I chooses a lut. Phawww! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found a somewhat solution, go to the prem pro lut folder arrange by (date modified) and start removing the added luts. It's by far a fix or solution but but it's quicker than going through all your luts. Hope this helps save some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping you do not have your LUTs in the same folders as the installed LUTs ... very bad practice that ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kindly check this Link :
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/using/looks-and-luts.html
To install a custom LUT file, create one or more of the directories listed below:
For - MacOS

Available to all users:

• /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative
    • /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Technical

• Available only to the local user:

• C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

Available to all users:

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
      • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

• C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
      • C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

Available to all users:

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
      • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical
      Aamir Khan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines