Adding segment transition to end of each clip

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am someone what new to premiere pro but haven't been able to find a solution to this question so I though I'd ask here. The type of projects I create have several clips (could range from 60-100 clips) that I want to add a custom transition effect to (for example, an overlay animation plays between transition of clips and a noise is heard). I have created a segment with this transition animation and sound in it, and I can manually drag it as a second video/audio level which successfully plays as I want it to between the clips I dragged it onto. However, since I want to apply this segment to the end of all clips, is there a way to select all clips and add this segment to say, the last second of all selected clips? Thanks 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a quick little hack that will look messy but should work:

First make sure your animation and SFX is in a sequence of it's own (lets call it 'STING').

In your main sequence of clips, duplicate all the clips up on to another layer. Select all these new clips and then alt+drag the 'STING' sequence from the project panel onto the selected clips to replace them. The clips will be replaced but they won't change length in the sequence so you will have 'stripes' along most of the length of the clip indicating no media is present. The STING will overlap the 'start' of every clip - if you want it to overlap the end of the clip then select them all and slide them along.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines