• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer not big enough

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have two layers that are 6848x7704. I'm trying to put an adjustment layer on top of them, but that has an image size of only 2704 x 1520. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I increase it?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While creating the adjustment layer you get an option to define its size and you can specify "6848x7704"

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Maybe I skipped right past that 😆 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I was able to put the adjustment layer on and it works,  meaning I can see the images underneath. Unfortunately,  when I put the distort>transform effect on,  it goes black. Is there some setting it needs to work properly? I've used the transform effect on standard 4k footage without problems.  So maybe it's a dimension issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the pixel dimensions of the media, adjustment layer, and sequence all the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as the media and the adjustment layer, they are the same. As far as the sequence, I don't know how to set that. Also, the project has a mix of media dimensions in it. So unsure how sequence dimensions get set

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob

"media and the adjustment layer, they are the same...the project has a mix of media dimensions in it." Realized that sounds contradictory. What I mean is I have media of several different dimensions. But the adjustment layer is above layers that are the same as each other.

OK I just realized as I type this, that I have a difficult/impossible case. As adjustment layers effect EVERYTHING below them.

DARN!

So do I need to change everything into the same pixel format?

Thanks

CYSTWM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do I need to change everything into the same pixel format?

By @Can You Say That With Me?

If the adjustment layer is a different pixel dimension than the video, it can have undesired results.

You can nest the clips and apply appropriately sized adjustment layers to the clips in the nests rather than converting the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CYSTWM,

Hope I am understanding. You may not have enough VRAM. What kind of CPU/GPU do you have? What is the format of the files?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tbe.pngFiles are .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin

Sorry I forgot, I have a .png, then over top of that is a .mov with transparency.

Thanks

CYSTWM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your Mac is not meeting system requirements for VRAM (GPU), I'm afraid. That is at the heart of your performance issues.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines