• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Layer Not Working With Transition

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add two video clips to my timeline, I then drag and drop a transition, that I purchased, on the cut of the two clips. It works perfect. The zoom in/out effect looks great. Until...

I then add an adjustment layer and add a LUT to it. I decrease the opacity of the LUT in Effects Control down to 40%, for example, because the LUT at 100% is too strong. As soon as I change the opacity on the adjustment layer, and play the video, the transition no longer works.

If I leave the opacity of the adjustment layer at 100%, the transition works fine. Change it to 99.9%, or 10%, or 25%, etc., the transition gets ruined.

I provided a screenshot. I've been trying to figure this out for days with no solution. I'm new to Premiere Pro and thanks for your help if you can help me! I'm desperate! If I can't figure this out soon, I feel I'll have to cancel my subscription and try another program.Screenshot (4).png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

You are using the Opacity to control the amount of LUT in the mix? What if you leave the adjustment layer opacity at 100% and install the Lut in Lumetri under the Creative Tab and vary the intensity there:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 4.47.22 PM.png

Make sure you set the input LUT to none.

Does that work?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remove it, the transition works fine. If I add another Adjustment Layer, again, the transition still works fine. But once I change the opacity of the adjustment layer, which I have to when using a LUT, because 100% is too strong, the transition stops working again.

Even if I add an adjustment layer and change the opacity without applying anything to the adjustment layer, the transition still doesn't work. The transition only works if the opacity of the adjustment layer is untouched and kept at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting I can change that will not affect the transition when changing the opacity of the Adjustment Layer? Possibly. I wish I knew! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Thank you so much for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines