• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment Layer Won't Export Properly in 22.5.0

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on build 22.5.0, and I can't get my grade in a Lumetri adjustment layer to export properly. The same frames look radically different in the Program and Reference windows than they do when exported.

It doesn't matter if I export in Media Encoder or via Premiere's native encoder. I've tried many fixes (e.g., changing colour management in Premiere; ticking and unticking the "Import sequences natively" box; uninstalling, deleting preferences, and making a clean install) and nothing is working.

I'm at my wit's end, and would appreciate any help.

Here's examples of what I'm talking about (footage sent to me by the amateur DP; colour cast is part of a Halloween look).

Image as it looks in Program/Reference

Reference Window Premiere Pro.png

Image as it looks exported as an MP4/H.264 and MOV/ProRes 422 HQ. Whites are clipped, colours are breaking, and the saturation is all wrong.

Exported from Premiere Pro.png

The same frame exported from DaVinci Resolve

Exported from DaVinci Resolve.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

I'm guessing that is phone media, shot in HLG, an HDR format. And you're working with it on an SDR/Rec.709 timeline. Can't do that. Basic color management.

Go  to the clip/s in the bin, select one or more, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, set the Override to Rec.709. Now redo your Lumetri, and a standard SDR/Rec.709 export should work as expected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that is phone media, shot in HLG, an HDR format. And you're working with it on an SDR/Rec.709 timeline. Can't do that. Basic color management.

Go  to the clip/s in the bin, select one or more, right-click/Modify/Interpret Footage, set the Override to Rec.709. Now redo your Lumetri, and a standard SDR/Rec.709 export should work as expected.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I wasn't aware that the nature of colour management had changed from 21.x to 22.x--at least not until I read your article just now: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-premiere-pro-2022-color-management-for-l...

It's rudimentary, yes, and something I routinely handle every day in DaVinci Resolve. However, the new colour management paradigm hasn't been well publicized in the creative circles that I travel in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 2022 version shipped last November with a completely rebuilt under-the-hood color system. With the hours I've spent in phone calls, in-person meetings, and hundreds of emails with their color staff over the last few years I was still totally caught unawares.

The public beta hadn't seemed that different other than a few new user controls, buried in places I wouldn't choose. But au contraire ... and it's been a mess helping people sort out the new system. Especially as still, not all media will correctly work in Premiere.

And you're right, they didn't do a great job of warning us of this. Which I've communicated here, via emails, and in-person at NAB.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines