Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layers not working on certain clips

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

This thing is driving my crazy and I cannot figure out why. 

I have a the same adjustment layers with the same colorgrade over the same clips, but for some reason the colorgrade suddenly stop working on some of ghe clips in the timeline. I have checked the opacity, blending modes and so on, but its all the same so it should apply equal to the different clips, but for some reason its not working. 

Also, when I make changes to the footage itself (lets say I make a clip/scene longer or shorter) the colorgrade which is on the adjustment layers also "resets/stops working" - Do anybody have any idea why this is happening?

I have attatched two screenshots which illustrate what Im talking about (hopefully). 

Thanks for any help and advice in advance. Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 14.30.42.pngScreenshot 2022-03-24 at 14.30.52.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the interprete footage on color managment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dwvfwfegvergve

It looks like this: 

Screenshot 2022-03-24 at 14.49.23.png

Its exactly the same clip so I dont get why its not working on both cuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try creating a new sequence with the same settings and copy the contents of the original sequence to the new sequence.  Sequences can get corrupted.  Also, are any of your sources from a smartphone or screen recording?  If so the issue may be clips with a variable frame rate which can have inconsistent and unpredictable issues.  Here's how to diagnose and solve this problem.  

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the clips are 25fps except a small intro clip i found online that is 24fps. 

I will try out your suggestions, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to have multiple adjustment layers stacked on top of each other. Is there a specific reason for this?

Please bear in mind that any adjustment layer will affect each and every layer below it. Do you still have the same issue when working with a single adjustment layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try deleting preview files and re-render

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines