• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layers when using split screen and individual views

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I apply an adjustment layer to each person's individuals tracks (V1 and V2), without having to manually duplicate/apply the same adjustment layers to the same tracks being used (nested) in the split screen track (V3)?

I am switching between 1 and 2 screen view using a split screen template with the nested tracks.

Screenshot for reference. 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is on the AL.

Cannot you apply to the clips directly? Or as Source clip effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not yet used a source clip effect, so I will look into how to do that.  Below is additional information about my question.

The AL includes color and light adjustments. But each track is being used twice, once in the nested track, and again in the main sequence (on either V1 or V2), so if I apply the adjustment layer to only one, it won't apply to the other (same clip) when I am switching back and forth between split screen and single view.

V3 is the split screen view with the two nested clips, and V1 and V2 are for those same clips (single view) so I can switch between split and single view as I edit. 

I want to make different adjustments to the two clips I am using, otherwise I would just apply one adjustment layer over it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it the same adjustment layer? If you put one above the nested clip in your picture, it will effect all '3' clips. If the AL is different for the two tracks, then perhaps apply to the Source Clip(s) as Ann noted would be the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines