• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe changed how the mousewheel scrolls timeline in CS6...

Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scroll through the timeline alot using my mousewheel. In premiere CS5.5, if I position the mouse cursor over the timeline and use the mousewheel to scroll... I can get move the timeline from one side of the screen to the other in less than 8 mousewheel turns. And I can do a fast scroll if I position the mouse cursor over the scrollbar under the timeline... less than 3 mouse wheel turns.

This worked great because I can scan through the audio waveforms of a 3 hour lecture really quickly.

However, in Premiere CS6... it now takes 25 spins of the mouse wheel and they disabled fast scrolling.

Is there a way to customize the mousewheel scrolll? Changing the mouse scroll wheel settings in Windows does nothing.

This is the third annoying thing Adobe changed in CS6 that reduced the speed of my workflow.

Grrrr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

I feel your pain, as I worked the same way.  Unfortunately, Adobe kind of screwed us mousers with this recent release.  Please let them know you're not happy about it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain, as I worked the same way.  Unfortunately, Adobe kind of screwed us mousers with this recent release.  Please let them know you're not happy about it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preferences > general and there will be an option for timeline scrolling. Set it to Horizontal and you'll be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very, very far from a solution to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WoW! I upgrade my Mac and after installing CS6 the scrolling horizontal was gone.... It was killing me.  Thank you so mush for sharing.  Now I can get to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just not quite as quickly as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the same speed for me. Maybe because I'm using a mouse scrolling wheel?  Not sure if the speed of the mouse plays a part, but I always take it yo the max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe because I'm using a mouse scrolling wheel?

No, both Peter and I are as well.

The wheel does scroll the timeline at the same speed it did before, which is unusably slow.  However, in previous versions we could place the mouse cursor over the scroll bar to make it scroll faster, at a usable speed.  Adobe changed the scroll bar to a zoom bar, so now we're missing that speed boost we had from previous versions, making it frustratingly slow to scroll with the mouse wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in previous version of Premiere, the scroll speed changes depending on how fast you turn the mousewheel. Slow turns creates slow precise scrolls and faster turns will scroll faster. In Premiere CS6, it only scrolls at the same slow speed no matter how fast or frantially you rotate the scroll wheel. So now I'm forced to use the inprecise method of dragging the timeline bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, please let our team know your criticisms: http://www.adboe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, quite early on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

How about creating another copy-and-paste request text

to facilitate others of like mind who happen across this

appropriately titled thread?

It didn't hurt for the MPE/IEEE1394 CS5 issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx

wickedFLARE

work perfekt !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me thanks so much! 

I built my PC for editing at home and I work on a Mac Pro at work. The scroll wheel was set to vertical scrolling on my Mac at work. The only thing I would add is that it's no longer under general it's now under preferences > timeline. There's a drop down for mouse scrolling to be either vertical or horizontal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben_There_Media! It was driving me nuts looking for the Vertical/Horizontal setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This drove me crazy as I switched back and forth between Mac and Windows, and Mac was set to "Vertical." Thank you so, so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't express my thanks ....you saved me from such a pain.....million of thanks to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For solution, use this program.

http://www.desksoft.com/ScrollNavigator_Download.htm

Scroll Navigator 1.PNG

From Profile, click Add... button and find Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Click Get button (hold) and drag Premiere Pro Timeline.

Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, wickedFLARE; worked perfect for me.  I'm digging the Cloud and OS X Mavericks...so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hardware Solution: I can recomend one of these scroll-mouse-wheels. They are made out of iron or so, thus they keep on spinning a bit if you turn them in free mode, but you can also switch them to click-to-click mode for precission.

You can buy one at my shop! ...... just kidding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac the Mighty Mouse works best. It's scroll ball scrolls the Timeline in 1 fingermovement.

But unfortunately, I have to switch to Windows soon. Did not find a mouse with integrated trackball yet.

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well crap... I'm having the same problem and saw the thread and hoped for a solution....

Anyone else get weird jumps? I roll my mouse wheel like 4 or 5 "clicks" of the wheel and it goes along pretty well then on the 6th it jumps like a full second instead of a frame. Its infuriating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines