• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe crashes everytime i click the audio tab.

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While im recording audio the entire program will freeze. I restarted it, updated it,reset audio prefrence,and changed it from GPU to software. It continues to freeze when ever I click the audio tab or record audio.

TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We're sorry about that. Could you share more information with us for troubleshooting?

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika,
I'm having the same issue. I have cleared the cache and reset preferences as per your comment above, but still having this issue. I do not have any crash reports.
OS: Windows 10, Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz(8 CPUs), RAM: 32 GB, GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070.
I feel as though the issue is being caused by a large file somewhere within the project files, where the system is attempting to 'generate a peak file' for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are any of your sources from smartphones or screen recordings?  If so, the issue may be caused by variable frame rates which can cause upredictable and intermittent issues.  Here's how to confirm the problem and fix it

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please make sure that your audio drivers and operting system are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines