Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dynamic Link Keeps Loading and freezes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Adobe Community Forum, 

I have Adobe Premiere Pro Version 15.4.1 and After Effects Version 18.4.1 latest version. I have been working on a project for the last couple of months and Premiere Pro has been working great. Last Friday (09/10/21) though, I tried opening up my project and it did not want to fully load the project. I stayed on this for a couple of minutes, but that did not work. All of my AEP Files that I created through Dynamic Link show that they are pending. The program is not running the same and greys out and states at the top it is not working.  I thought maybe my project file was too big and had too many sequences. For that reason, I scratched the project and tried creating a new project using some of the After Effects (AEP files) that I have created However, the first After Effects File that I imported is still giving me that Media Pending option.

Now I do not think it was my project so much, but more of the program. I did not make any changes, but I did try these options below.

I have tried many options such as uninstalling Adobe Premiere and After Effects. Delete the Cache Files on both systems. I deleted the Mogurt Files to see if that would help. I have made cuts in my sequences and stretched out the clip, that didn't work. I have disabled the video and re-enabled it. I have placed more RAM for a better Premiere performance. I do not know what other steps to take to have this resolved. I know that it is the Adobe Dynamic link though because I cannot open any files through File Import, only if I have After Effects open can I drag it and place it on my Premiere Project Files. However, when I close the project, I get the media pending screen again when I open the project. I have attached a screenshot of my project.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

All, 
I called Adobe Creative Cloud Support and they asked me on specifications on my computer. I am on a Dell Windows 10 computer. If you search for Device Manager => Display Adapters. I have 2 of them on my laptop. 

• Intel  (R) UHD Graphics 630
  • NVIDIA Quadro P1000

NVIDIA just made an update on this Graphics Card. Once I updated it. All my AEP Files were able to reconnect. I have provided the link in case someone else is experiencing the same issue. I appreciate everyone's help. 

Link to NVIDIA UPDA

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nava011091,

Could you try resetting the preferences or Premiere Pro and After Effects? Also, when opening the project, I'd wait for Premiere Pro to complete the background process (blue bar in the bottom right). If that doesn't help, try disabling your antivirus and firewall and see if that brings any change.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu, 

I have been actively trying to resolve this issue and have not come to a resolution. I have attempted the suggestions you have provided but the problem still persist. I have even tried making a new project, and the dynamic link bar continues to load. I cannot open my file anymore. I have other versions saved but it gives me the same issue. When I tried reconnecting them it gets stuck on the loading bar and premiere stops responding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu, 

Ok I have attempted to open other projects that I am working on and projects that do open the AEP files do not load, it will show the media pending yellow screen and when I try to reconnect them the screen timesout and Premiere stops responding (Not Responding). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nava011091!

Let us know if nishu_kush suggestions help.

Happy to assist.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katrika, 

The issue still persist. I have replied to Nishu.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you moved any of the media used in the Ae comps?

Have you moved any Ae projects or Pr projects?

Are the projects and/or media on external drives?

Have you re-named any comps in Ae, or any Ae projects?

Did you update Pr or Ae before finishing your project? (hint: that's a very bad thing to do) 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Have you moved any of the media used in the Ae comps?

No I have made sure I have organized them and placed them where the project can read them quickly. 

Have you moved any Ae projects or Pr projects?

I have not moved any of the AE or Pr project files from that folder location. 

Are the projects and/or media on external drives?

Yes they are on an external drive, but I have also have them on the computer and have not been able to open them from my computer.

Have you re-named any comps in Ae, or any Ae projects?

I renamed 1 or 2 of the AE files. I know Premiere Pro Version 7 did not allow certain characters to be used, but not sure if that is the same for this latest update? But I reconnected them, is there any characters that should not be used?

Did you update Pr or Ae before finishing your project? (hint: that's a very bad thing to do) 

I believe I did update Premiere Pro before finishing project. I will try reverting to the previous version to see if that fixes the problem.

Nava011091_0-1631826145104.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nava,

Sorry about all the issues. One thing you can do is test the whole workflow in a new project in both applications to make sure the AE < > Premiere Pro connection is working. If so, then the other's are correct. It's probably a media path issue. Let us know if you can resolve the issue with the advice here or let us know if you still need help, OK?

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, 

I have gone back one version and I opened up a new project and I created an AEP file. So after I added some text in After Effects and closed out the file, Premiere did not load the text and it went back to the stopped working screen and froze up. So New project and just one file and created AEP file and timed out. Therefore it seems that the AE < > Premiere Pro connection is not working. Do not know how to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows may re-assign drive letters when re-connecting to external drives. Ensure that doesn't happen.

I wasn't worried so much about illegal characters in the renamed items, only about confusing the links between the Pr projects and the Ae comps. Clearing Pr's media cache completely and re-linking may help. Or it may not.

Also, for clarity, please create a brand-new Pr project with a name and location completely different from your existing projects. Do the same in Ae: completely brand new. Create a comp in the new Ae project (again, completely different name for the comp as well) and try to link to that comp in Pr. Does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All, 
I called Adobe Creative Cloud Support and they asked me on specifications on my computer. I am on a Dell Windows 10 computer. If you search for Device Manager => Display Adapters. I have 2 of them on my laptop. 

• Intel  (R) UHD Graphics 630
  • NVIDIA Quadro P1000

NVIDIA just made an update on this Graphics Card. Once I updated it. All my AEP Files were able to reconnect. I have provided the link in case someone else is experiencing the same issue. I appreciate everyone's help. 

Link to NVIDIA UPDATE:

P1000 NVIDIA QUADRO P1000 UPDATE

Respectfully,

Manny 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines