• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Encoder does not reflect After Effect Expression

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Permier Pro v15.4.1 and After Effects v18.4.1 and adobe encoder 15.4.1 on Windows 10 home.

I have a expression that counts the beats of audio and show the text fron json file accordingly. 

I initially had a problem with dynamic links from after effect to premier pro where text does not shows up at all in premier pro although text shows up in after effect. 

I could fix this problem by dragging json file into the composition. 

When I export above video from the premier pro via media encoder, text shows up but it becomes very unstable.(ex. Nomally, text A appear for 2 sec and then text B appear for 2 sec on premier pro or after effect, but text A and text B switch back and forth in the exported video from adobe encoder.)

I was wondering if any of you encounter the same problem and how you delt with them before.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Thank you. 

I found the solution later. 

The slider has expression as below

frame = time / thisComp.frameDuration

This expression has many decimal points  and I guess it was too busy.

Somehow it could not calculate correctly.  

frame = Math.round(time / thisComp.frameDuration);

After rounding the expression, my errors was resolved. 

I learnt that when using dynamic link, I should not make number with many decimal points. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if any of you encounter the same problem and how you delt with them before.   

By @岳瑠5C73

The easiest and time saving way is to render out the comp/s directly from After Effects to an intermediate codec such as ProRes and import that/those files into Premiere Pro and use them there. At least test with one of the comps that causes trouble now to see if they render out correctly if rendering them via AE´s Render Queue.

Select the comp and go to Composition > Add to Render Queue and change the settings for the Output Module to the desired settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

I found the solution later. 

The slider has expression as below

frame = time / thisComp.frameDuration

This expression has many decimal points  and I guess it was too busy.

Somehow it could not calculate correctly.  

frame = Math.round(time / thisComp.frameDuration);

After rounding the expression, my errors was resolved. 

I learnt that when using dynamic link, I should not make number with many decimal points. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines