• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe File Importing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! Been using premiere for almost a year now, and this issue has just recently arisen. I edit on an Acer Predator Helios 300 (Core I7 6 core, 32GB ram, GTX 1660 TI). I shoot on a Canon EOS R6 in 4k 24/60 depending on the scenario, and with my past two projects, when importing those files in premiere some of them import audio-only. Now, my first thought was corrupt files so my first thought was "Lucky me, the R6 records dual cards" but low and behold both cards' files do the exact same thing. And if I find one of the files that import audio only, they play just fine in VLC, so I've narrowed it down to be premiere's problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on a solution to this problem? I can provide any details necessary to help fix my issue.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

I believe in all honesty the premiere version on my desktop is older than my laptop, but I just updated them both, and nothing new. I'm backing up my laptop and I'm going to do a factory reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vlc is a player and is a lot more forgiving than a program like premiere...  You might try installing the free version of davinci resolve and see if it can import the files..  if you've got a short clip that will not import into premiere, you might post it and see if anyone here can duplicate your issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. This sparked the idea to try to import the same file into Premiere on my desktop, and the file actually imported. But the exact same file imports audio only on my laptop. I tried clearing the media cache earlier, and no dice. I'm going to try to uninstall premiere and reinstall and see if that helps, I'll keep posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what format does that camera shoot? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoots .mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do the desktop and laptop have the same premiere versions and os installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop is on Windows 11 and my desktop is on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the same versions of Premiere?  the different windows versions could be the issue...   not really my balliwick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe in all honesty the premiere version on my desktop is older than my laptop, but I just updated them both, and nothing new. I'm backing up my laptop and I'm going to do a factory reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines