• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe messes up when a photo is on the timeline.

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I insert a photo into the project window and/or the timeline and premiere freezes. I can't play the video I'm editing. I can remove clips and photos but it dosen't change anything. Never had this before on this version (2020) reinstalled several times and still doing the same thing. I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem or a software or both. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TCP,

Sorry about that. What are the dimensions, pixel-wise, for this image? You don't want it to be massively larger than your sequence size unless you plan to animate the still. Even so, it should be adjusted to be around no more than 2x your frame size. If resizing the image for it to be smaller does not work better, come back for more ideas we can try.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well all of my images are exported as 4k but I am editing as 1920 x 1080 and will obviously downscale. I usually do this but like I say this has never happened before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines