We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Will the crashes end?!
I can't playback rendered footage, I can't playback unrendered footage... i have an hour long program to get to network TOMORROW and this heap of junk just doesn't want to work.
I've tried enabling CUDA, disabling CUDA (that caused a player 10 error)
I have spent literally all day trying to get this bloody program to play video (apparently that's what it's for) and I am at wits end.
What are your computer specs and what's the footage you are working with? Does it play at all?
It's a i7 5960X, 64gb ram, 2080ti GPU.
The footage is a mix of mxf and .mov from a drone, the occasional mp4 off the c-cam.
All the footage plays fine, even the individual segments play fine, but assembling it into a program master seems to make premiere sh*t the bed entirely.
DJI? Those files are almost impossible to play back, have you considered creating proxies?
They playback fine without proxies, and even if I render the entire program timeline I still get thrown player errors for reasons that elude me.
I should also note, the vast majority of the footage is .mxf, the drones are occasional pretties.
Is there any difference between the segment's sequence settings and the master's?
Segs are dslr HD1080p
Program master is HD1080i
So this morning I managed to achieve player error 55 with the same project on an even more powerful machine...
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9960X, RTX 3090, 128gb DDR
Falls Production, did this happen with the proxies or playing the DJI footage back natively? If the latter, I found that 10 bit 4:2:2 HEVC variants are extremely hard on any system. If you transcode the file to, say, ProRes 422, do you still have the problem? Sorry for the frustration.
playbacks actually fine, it's happening even if i just drag the playhead to black video so i'm not entirely sure it's related to the kind of footage.
As i mentioned before, the majority of footage is mxf and it's happening on that stuff as well.
It seems like if i just let it play, everythin's ok. It's when I start jumping around in the timeline ... like .. .editing 😛 then it runs into problems loading one clip and then rapidly another clip.
Admittedly all the media is 4k, but as far as I can tell my machines are up to it.
We've managed to get as far as cutting all the segments in individual timelines without issue, it only seems to fall over once we come to assembling the program master sequence and everything is in the one sequence... it really doesn't like that.
SO, managed to bumble my way through the previous episode and on to the next and the problem is still occuring albeit less often on my more powerful rig.
Seems like Premiere is having major issues handing off memory or something when switching between clips.
I hit play and it stalls a for about 10 seconds but then it will run through an entire sequence fine.
If i stop playback and jump the playhead quickly to another timecode, that's when the error is occuring. (error 63, 55 mostly)
And before we get ahead of ourselves here, this is a highly specced editing machine, playing media from 10g ethernet off a NAS.
The speed is there, so in theory we shouldn't be having dramas like this.
Have you had any resolution? I'm having similar issues for several months now... "Player Error 55". If one more Adobe rep tells me to disable GPU I'm going to vomit.
Never found a solution unfortunately.
I THINK It's related to memory management and only seems to occur with really large complex projects.
Truth be told - We were having this issue specifically on one recurring long form job. So we just flicked that job into Resolve going forward. Premiere wasn't keeping up.
Totally get it, good call. Just so disappointing there's no genuine fix for this yet. It looks to be the same for me, with larger projects, but a lot of our content is serialized so it ends up being that one video will have bits and pieces from an assortment of projects...super frustrating.
Fyi, I've been having success this week with a different method I hadn't tried previously. I'd read on a thread down some rabbithole that apparently flipping the memory menu option to optimize for Memory instead of Performance could do the trick...and has been working so far (fingers crossed).
Obviously the mileage may vary, but my video card working (properly) has signifcantly improved my efficiency. I'll basically give anything a whirl to get it working with Premiere.