Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premere 2022 - not rendering video files within sequence

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLease help,

Adobe recently updated the application files in my computer.  Now, when I open a premere file that had been initally created in a previous version 2021 (and now has converted to the 2022 version),

It is not rendering properly.  It is pulling and linking to a video.mp4  into the sequence that is not releated to the premiere file and not playing correctly in the application.

As an example:

It is like, I say play me an apple.   And it plays my an orange instead.  But the video file in the premiere file says apple.

So, I have manually delete.

Media Cache folder  and Media Cache File folders off all cache associated with adobe.

And did a hard reset on the computer and it is still pulling oranges and not apples.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a new project file in the 2022 version and then import the 2021 project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for responding back. However, your suggestion does not work.

It is mind boggling what is going on. I am unable to run any of my video files in any of my earlier made sequences since the upgrade. I have 30 different MP4 files with very different names on 30 different sequences , and it is only rendering  this one womans video. It is the same woman over and over for what ever sequence I load in the editor  

I have imported the way you ask me to.

I have cleared cache

I have uninstalled and reinstalled program.

Rebooted and Power cycled.

The only way I am able to replace the video is to go in an do a physical replace command and then I can reconnect to the right video.  I am in the middle of edits and can not use this copmuter with your Adobe software until it sees the files and peak renders the correct files and not erronous ones.

Please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLease help,

Adobe recently updated the application files in my computer.  Now, when I open a premere file that had been initally created in a previous version (and now has converted to the 2022 version),

It is not rendering properly.  It is pulling and linking to a video.mp4  into the sequence that is not releated to the premiere file and not playing correctly in the application.

As an example:

It is like, I say play me an apple.   And it plays my an orange instead.  But the video file in the premiere file says apple.

So, I have manually delete.

Media Cache folder  and Media Cache File folders off all cache associated with adobe.

And did a hard reset on the computer and it is still pulling oranges and not apples.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NancyShone,

We're sorry to hear about this. Is this happening specifically with the projects created in the previous version, or is it also happening with new projects?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet and bob,

Erronous - video linking - solved

I would like to share with you my set up so you can understand how we are using Adobe Premiere and having this issue. I believe the issue stems with linking and locating media.  (When using two different applications at the same time)

I have three different computers at three different locations.  We are editing using adobe premiere and dropbox app for teams.

At every physical computer location we have a USB drive which mirrors the dropbox team drive which have all the raw source assets. 

(Note: Large Video Files Source Files - do better in linking to abobe premiere locally rather than downloading from the cloud - this is the reason for the local USB drive - to provide local RAW video footage linking)

The idea is to locally work on the video in premiere and then push it the cloud, allowing others to access, edit and shared at any location. I am sure you have similar offering with adobe services.

The trick that I figured out is as follows.

When you open the premiere file locally it automatically trys to link to all the media from the cloud.

and the premiere becomes unresponsive because it is trying to download a huge video file that could be well over 1GB in size.

The secret is aborting the downloading of the RAW Video files, from the cloud in the dropbox application.

(When you see the pop up message from Dropbox  saying downloading video.mp4  - CANCEL it immediately. see image below)

Then the unresponsive Adobe Application become responsive and allows you to relink locally to the correct assets  raw footage locally.

The times when I was seeing the lady, was when Adobe was able to get through its upresonsive state and it was displaying a different MP4 file, than what was in the sequence which I could not tell you why it did that.

Anyway, this problem is solved. However I do have another issue with erronous display of a transition in a clip that is masked and overlayed on top another video, that I would like to share and I will start another discussion on.

Thank you again for your help and support.  Please find Attached is the message format that comes up in dropbox.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Lauren_pingster 

and 

NancyShone

the same person?

Your posts are nearly identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines