• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 15.2 effects panel/workspaces not working 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere 15.2 recently updated is not letting me click change between workspaces when I click on the tabs at the top (when I click Graphics or Captions, nothing happens). 

Also, when I open the effects panel on the right, I can type something into the search bar but otherwise nothing changes.  I am trying to access Ultra Key and the best I can do is type it in and see it appear, but I can't click it or drag in the effect.

I have restarted the computer and Premiere Pro many times.  I tried opening a new version to compare and the old version (2020) works fine without issues.  Unfortunately I cannot open my file in the old version because it was saved in the new version.

Also the Snap (magnet) feature is randomly not working even the Magnet is blue and definitely activated.

This is very frustrating and causing serious delays.  Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

At present, there is an issue with nested audio, which causes strange behavior: delete from timeline or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting preferences.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried but didn't work.  Deleting nested audio worked.

Appreciate the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At present, there is an issue with nested audio, which causes strange behavior: delete from timeline or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this exact issue, and this fixed it for me. Delete nested audio, and magic: all the workspaces etc worked again. Hoping this is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  It worked!  

Initially I didn't think I had any nested audio (didn't even know what it was at first) but then I saw that I had made one subsequence with video/audio and when I deleted that, everything started working like normal.

Hope this is patched soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens , do you know of an existing Uservoice request for this bug? I have seen this bug mentioned so many times in this forum that when I see a new post along these lines I just think, "oh, it's probably nested audio". So, I assumed until now that the engineers know and they're working on it. But for whatever reason today, I thought, if this is in Uservoice I'll just go upvote it real quick. I expected this bug report to be somewhere near the top of the stack, but I'm surprised that I can't find one at all. I see other requests from various versions reporting other issues with nested audio, but these issues that have been reported frequently lately in this forum, I don't find mentioned at all. Can it be that no one has posted this on Uservoice yet??? I find it hard to believe... if anyone can link me to the UV request I'll upvote it. Or I guess I'll start one if truly no one has. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is issue has been filed as a bug and has been fixed in 15.4 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines