• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 15.4.1.6 Crash During Editing (Click and Drag)

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm having issues with Adobe Premiere. I can open my projects, I can see the preview, I can cut, join the clips. But when I try to click and drag the video on the timeline, the program crashes.

I uploaded the video and log.

My config:

AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
Nvidia 1070ti
Adata DDR4 3000 2x8GB
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
CoolerMaster AMD/Intel Hyper T4
Sharkoon TG5 4mm Led Fan 12cm ATX
Cooler Master MWE White V2 650W, 80 Plus Standard

SSD

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files: Didnt work

If that doesn't work,try resetting the preferences: Didnt work

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces: Didnt work

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None: Didnt work

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver): Didnt work

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it: Didnt work

-----------

I tried all the options and it didn't work. One thing that is causing this crash is when, in the same session (without restarting the computer), I open Valorant and close it. It seems that, for some reason, Valorant saves some kind of memory space or opens something that causes the incompatibility of opening Adobe Premiere later. It works again only after I restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VictorFreitas!

Sorry for the issue. Have you already tried cleaning cache files? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

Screen recorded footage may cause performance issues. Check here for some suggestions

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunally didn´t work.

I tried all the options and it didn't work. One thing that is causing this crash is when, in the same session (without restarting the computer), I open Valorant and close it. It seems that, for some reason, Valorant saves some kind of memory space or opens something that causes the incompatibility of opening Adobe Premiere later. It works again only after I restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi VictorFreitas,

Could you test Premiere Pro with some different footage that is shot on a camera? Screen recording or phone recorded videos causes because they are recorded at variable frame rate. If the issue persists with the camera recorded footage, try changing the permissions. Here's how: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines