• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 2022 Crashing After Updating

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm on a time crunch to edit a video, and I can't get premiere to work. I deleted it and re-installed it, wiped the cache, etc.... Still hangs up when I hit play to review the video timeline. It will either freeze and crash, or play audio but the video is frozen. Trying to close out causes a not responding scenario.

Anyone have any luck in getting this fixed? Suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same issue. I completed my video editing last week and just needed to drop in the audio to complete the video... Update came and all the media says "Media Pending". Premiere keeps crashing, hanging and not responding. Done the reinstall, cleared the caches, and tried all the tricks in the book to get it to work. No luck.

Worst part, Adobe does not allow me to install the previous version of Premiere. I can choose between version 15 and 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duh, I just realised version 15 is the last version. I'm rolling back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did rolling back work for you? I am still having the same issues with the previous version now as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did, but I had to roll back Premiere, After Effects and Media Encoder.

I did some changes in AE on my file, luckily the v22 file worked on the previous version of AE. And luckily I had the previous version of of the Pr file to start from to bring in the edits.

Kind regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Can probably work for 2 minutes in one project before the whole system stops responding. Then I have to force the program to close in manager and open it again - then repeat.
I can´t even export the project since it only loads half the way then stops responding again... Please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue here. My project was almost completed and now I can only view clips in my timeline for a minute max before the video freezes and basically has to be force stopped. I hope Adobe is working on this bug before I cancel and find an alternative option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software is really complicated, not simple app. Better way is always keep your old version before install NEW MAJOR VERSION. Creative cloud app allows you to install more than one version of PP.

I'm sure that adobe enginer is working on fixing the bugs right now 🙂

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13 days later and I have projects hung up and unusable. No new updates available. I've been working with the last version on a different computer which works fine. Guess I'll be downloading the last version on my main computer as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues, I haven't yet found a fix. Adobe is honsestly a joke of a software company. They advertise CC for pros and it is true that many pros use Adobe products, but they release updates that feel like beta builds. I'm having an issue where none of my AE linked comps will load after closing a project in Premiere, and relinking them crashes Premiere every single time. This years update has probably been the worst I've ever experienced. I actually canceld my CC subscription for the first time ever and am switching to Final Cut and Davinci Resolve for Editing and a newer app called Calvary for motion design. Adobe software has become pretty much unusable for pro users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check with the AfterEffects forum on the Ae problems? The folks over there tend to have a lot better handle on such things as Pr/Ae Dynamic Link problems.

As to the rest ... these are all fancy hammers. Use whatever works best for your gear, media, effects, and workflow.

I work in the Adobe apps and Resolve daily. I work and communicate with a lot of colorists daily, most of them based in Resolve. It's another fancy hammer. With its own issues naturally.

For example, the recent 17.4 release seemed a minor update by number change. But clearly under the hood, it was a major updgrade. And just like the Adobe 2022 release ... most Resolve users were working away fine in the new version. Some had one or more annoying issues, but found workarounds to keep going.

And some were totally borked, and had to revert. Which with Resolve's rather heavy database structure, is a lot more work than in the Adobe apps. Also of course, you can't have multiple versions of Resolve installed at the same time. So I've waited for the dust to settle for R17.4, which looks to be getting close. The first couple patches they sent out to fix the problems actually made things worse for many users. Yea, complex software ... sheesh.

A good friend who's primarily a colorist but does a fair amount of editing LOVES the Resovle UI and cutting in that app. We politely disagree, as I do not like the Resolve UI at all. But of course, as a user there, I have no choice. You can't create custom workspaces.

In Pr my Tangent Elements panel is an awesome tool ... not only for color but for audio mastering, graphics/image resize/shape/rotate/placment, other editing tasks. Pretty much anything I want to use it for, there's a way to map it.

In Resolve ... half of that panel is dark at any one time. The menu for moving from control set to control set is odd, set by BM, and again, you can't change anything. And it has no use past some color controls.

But then, BM's business model is to sell relatively cheap software to get you to buy their hardware. I'm not interested in spending a few grand though for a device that is only usable in BM software. And they will never make their kit usable in any other software.

For my pal, Resolve is his bailiwick, his joy. He's got two different color control panels, I think both the keyboard and the editing cutting board also. Several grand in BM control kit. Loves the whole shebang.

For me, Resolve is a place I do have to work in at times, but will never enjoy.

To each their own. These are fancy hammers, and if Resolve or Avid works best for you, that's what you should be using.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It  has been recommended many times on this Forum not to update while working on a project.  DON'T UPDATE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hai ragione ma dovrebbero mettere il messaggio quando aggiorni. Comunque non è corretto che non si pssa tornare indietro alla vecchia versione perchè ogni aggiornamento non è retrocompatibile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ma se devo aprire un vechcio progetto? Devo reinstallare la versione che avevo utilizzato a suo tempo? Ma che sistema di cacca è.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue! Been having problems with frequent crashes since the update. But now it's given up completely on the Project/Video I've been working on.

Only problem here is that i acually don't have a project file from the previous version to use after roll back, tried it and it doesn't work unfortunately. 

Managed to get it to load everything in fully with the "New Project - Import Old Project" method. but as soon as i open up the main sequence to continue the edit it imidiately crashes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then unfortunately, there is probably some corruption in the data for that sequence. Sequences actually are of course only metadata. A table of clip in/out points, with effects and their settings. That Premiere then executes in what we see in the Program monitor.

It's possible an effect applied on that sequence invokes something that causes the app to crash.

And if a sequence gets corrupted ... it ain't easy to fix. So you have my utmost sympathies. Been there done that. And the only way I've been able to fix a corrupted sequence that won't open ... is rebuild it. Yea, painful.

There is a person in Africa I think that can fix mangled project files and sequences. I've seen his contact data listed here several times, I don't actually have it anywhere myself. I do know he has helped a number of users who have posted back here about it. So you might search for that.

Check your autosaves also. You should have (I hope!) an autosave of the old project file that you might be able to work with. Also ... this is why I learned to both manually save routinely, and to frequently do save-as operations and occasionally save to a new location.

The save-as iterative process means you have a string of project files at different stages. Some times, being able to go back to one of those gets to before the corruption.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this very issue for my project that I moved over to 2022 as well. The workaround that worked for me was to go to file<project setting<general< and change renderer setting from "engine gpu acceleration" to "engine software only". This is by no means a fix and the playback is not very smooth, but at least I was able to playback without crashing and complete my project. Worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did work for me! I was having the same issues as described above with 2022 ver. Thank you for figuring this out until they fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to go back but the last version of Premier but it will not accept the new version projects I have been creating. So I went back to my locked up project in Premier 2022 and was able to File/Project Manager/Collect Files and copy to new location. I used a new name for the file and it worked? I have now been bouncing around in my workflow for two days, have shut down and re-opened a bunch of times and it has not crashed. Yet. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sto provando. Grazie per il consiglio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a me non funziona ca....o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any AfterEffects comps in that project, I would suggest one of two things ...

First, go over to the AfterEffects forum, as the users with far more real experience in Pr/Ae issues are over there.

Second ... you might try exporting a video file from your Ae comp when 'done', then replacing the Ae comp on the Pr project with the video clip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an odd isue related to this. My program crashes when I CLOSE it. It gos to NOT RESPONDING. Fortunately I have been able to edit and save and even export but it will not close properly. I have about 7 AE dynamic links in the project and assume thats the issue but any guidance would be welcomed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, im able to work for like 30 minutes and then it crashes or playback freezes. I force quit and when i try to restart premiere the program just goes to a white screen and never loads... What a joke!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this with all projects or just one? Is it something started in Pr2022, or migrated from 2021 or earlier?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines