• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 23.0 crashes every time I import mp4 (also acting slow sometimes)

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Adobe Premiere for maybe a year or two now. I previously had an older system (i7 6700k processor, 32GB memory), when it worked it was working great, but it finally died on me. So, I built a new system with decent stuff:

i7 11700kf with a 360mm liquid cooler

64GB DDR4 (I purchased128GB but decided eventually to only use 64)

1TB m.2 drive for my operating system and files that is capable of up to 7000mb/s speed

1TB m.2 drive just for a scratch disk capable of 3600mb/s speed

.. only thing old in this system is an AMD RX 480 8GB video card.

So, anyway, everything has been running fine for weeks now. Brand new Windows 10 install.

I did a quick test after I built the system.. opened one of my old projects and ran the encoder just fine. Seemed quick.

Premiere opens fine, creates a project fine, but when I go to add an mp4 it freezes my whole computer. I can't even press CTRL-ALT-DEL. After maybe 10 or 15 seconds, the second monitor goes black and loses signal. Then after another 10 or 15 seconds the first monitor goes black. Then after about 10 seconds it comes on and says "Adobe had an unexpected error" or something like that and needs to close. Since I had previously pressed CTRL-ALT-DEL that had popped up, so I hit task manager and ended the task. The computer worked fine, except the second monitor will not come back on unless I restart.

I tried it again. This time I did not try CTRL-ALT-DEL. I just let it go.. same set of issues above, except obviously task manager didn't pop up. So, I then did task manager, ended task, and rebooted again.

I obviously have less software installed than I did last time, but I also have some different stuff.. mostly related to motherboard drivers of the new motherboard and to control it's lighting.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Seems to work so far. I upgraded to a 6700 XT.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I tried opening the file in Media Encoder. Same issue. I can play the media just fine. It's a small video.. only about 6 seconds long and not large in size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, I have tried other mp4 files.. files I used to work with all the time. No luck. Freezes up. I should probably install an older version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to get ahold of support. They tell me my graphics card isn't supported and might be the issue.

Kind of odd that I previously used an i7 6700k (2015) processor and no dedicated video card and that worked, however an AMD RX 480 (2016) does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems to work so far. I upgraded to a 6700 XT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines