• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere + A7S3

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For almost a year, I have seen hundreds of posts/YouTube videos/even had countless conversations with fellow filmmakers about the legendary "problematic A7S3 footage with Adobe Premiere". A lot of them have sadly moved on to FCPX or Davinci for editing or because "Adobe is buggy". Which I'm not going to lie- Premiere has been buggy for the last 5 years. And with the new updated Adobe 15.4 that supports M1 it's even more buggy and glitchy with A7S3 footage. Even with the proxies! 

I'm just sitting here wondering and confused as to why this bug (A7S3 at whatever codec setting you use) isn't fixed yet? I mean it's kind of obvious that someone high up at Adobe Premiere either isn't a filmmaker or know anything about our tools (or cares) - pretty much everything I'm seeing pretty much the same "Mac Mini 16gb Ram with A7S3 4K 10bit 422". I mean instead of us sending over the problem footage; Adobe why don't you just buy these products and see for yourself? You'd be upset with the results like us all. Now have clients calling you asking for edits, revisions, for promised work. Kind of hard to deliver if we can't edit much. I know I've learned my lesson - but how can we help you Adobe? I don't want to change editing software but I did think y'all would have this solution fixed in a year. Not trying to be rude- but these are the two hottest products in the past year for the filmmaking industry, creatives, companies, etc if you didn't know. This should be the highest priority for Adobe - there is a huge market of industry leaving your programs for others. I would love to talk to someone about this at Adobe. Seems like there is a major disconnect between developers, Adobe product managers, the filmmakers, creatives, and the camera manufacturers. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Hi,

Why this bug (A7S3 at whatever codec setting you use) isn't fixed yet?

Adobe why don't you just buy these products and see for yourself?

How can we help you Adobe?
I would love to talk to someone about this at Adobe. 

Here you go, LL. Give your feedback here on User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why this bug (A7S3 at whatever codec setting you use) isn't fixed yet?

Adobe why don't you just buy these products and see for yourself?

How can we help you Adobe?
I would love to talk to someone about this at Adobe. 

Here you go, LL. Give your feedback here on User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Local Legend ,

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

You can have a look at the announcement here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-hardware-acceleration-decode-for-4-2-2-10-b...

Please let us know how it goes for you. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring this issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mayjain

Does Adobe have any of the Alder Lake CPUs for testing? I have heard the Quick Sync has been revamped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andy 1968,

This(Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit) is not yet available on Windows platforms. We will update you when it's implemented on Windows also.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool!  I like the fact that Premeire Pro users can use Quick Sync or Nvenc for encoding and decoding H.264/265. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Andy 1968 , 

There is a good news. We have enabled Hardware Accelerated Decode for 4:2:2 10-bit HEVC on Windows Intel machines on the latest Adobe Premiere Beta. 
Here is the announcement: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-hardware-acceleration-for-hevc-...

Please try it once and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines