• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Acting Weird After Importing Certain Amount of Files

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really hard to explain my situation so I will try to summarize my problem well. So I imported my video like I always do and started editing when all of a sudden when importing a file the timeline would stop working properly. The file would import inside the timeline looking normal but when I try to move the playhead it would not move. It stays in its position and the playback would be working as if I was moving the playhead. I also notice when I try to edit something in the timeline, it also stays there unless I press play and everything would look normal. I started a new project and cleared my cache, but it still does the same thing. I noticed as well that when I pass 8 items from importing, the problem starts.  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel 10th Generation Core i7-10750H 2.6 gigahertz
512 GB SSD with 107 GB left - This one has all the files that I need to edit including pictures, other videos, and projects
2TB SDD with 1.40 TB left - I put all my video files here and just transfer them over to the smaller SSD when I need them

16GB DDR4 SDRAM 

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Razer Blade 15 (early 2020 model), I added an extra SSD. I am importing mostly .jpeg, .mp4, and .png. Yes, I have used proxies and the problem still occurs. I am also updated on the latest drivers on Nvidia. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of media are you editing?

Have you tried proxies?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/proxy-media.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need more free space on the 512 GB drive.  Is that also the system drive (C:) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to delete premiere and install it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'M HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!!!! It just started happening a couple days ago. Not sure why it suddenly wants to start acting wierd. it's VERY INFURIATING. Premiere Pro has been working flawlessly for me recently, then this happens out of nowhere. Please, someone help us out here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I've had this happen a lot and hopefully this is helpful. I don't know why, but it's a certain file in your bin. For me, it was something shot with a different camera or setting. I would re-import your footage one at a time and try the playhead in your timeline. If it works, it's not that file. Continue until importing one of them causes the playhead to stop working/causing the anomoly. Then convert that specific one into a different file type (I usually convert to a ProRes or h264 depending on the project). It might be multiple files, as well. 

Hopefully this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting about this. It would be wonderful if you could list the file types you've had troubles with, camera/codec/framerate/bitrate stuff?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines