• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE PREMIERE DELETED MY VIDEO.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. Below, you will find all that happened, and I cannot find a solution.

1. Transferred a file from my phone to my desktop.

2. Opened Adobe Premiere, and dragged video from desktop to Adobe.

3. Edited the video, and made color corrections.

4. Exported video to Media Encoder. Selected the output and Exported.

5. While exporting, Creative Cloud decided to do a full update.

6. Media Encoder finished.

7. Original clip size was 709mb. The output size came out to 11gb, and became a .mov file extension. NOT WHAT I WOULD EVER USE.

8. Proceeded to redo said video, Completely dissappeared from my computer, and I never touched it after it was dragged into Adobe Premiere. Used a file recovery system, but, to no avail.

9. Running Windows 10 on a highly powerful system.

Is there another way that I could recover the file that was deleted by this program?? It is not in the auto-save, or cashe file folder. In fact, everything in the those folders are just names, with file sizes no larger than 60mb. ALL SAVED VIDEO FILES IN ADOBE FOLDERS HAVE BEEN DELETED. Please help. Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5. While exporting, Creative Cloud decided to do a full update.

By @Powerful Born

auto update.png

CC does not decide on its own. It's a setting you can turn on or off.

It's unfortunately this has happened, but I don't think you can do much about it.

7. Original clip size was 709mb. The output size came out to 11gb, and became a .mov file extension. NOT WHAT I WOULD EVER USE.

Premiere does not deside on its own what extension will be used. That is something you set in the export settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that I didn't know what I was doing, this might've been accurate, but since I do have it on auto-update, it updated while I was encoding. What I left out (probably because I was heated at the moment) is that the app crashed after finishing. I sent a report of the crash, but, to no avail.

As far as the output size, I stated that I would never do that (creating a .mov file). I have never used that format. I have been using Adobe Premiere for over 15 years, and I know the video outputs that I use. This just ain't one of them. But thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL SAVED VIDEO FILES IN ADOBE FOLDERS HAVE BEEN DELETED.

By @Powerful Born

Never, ever, ever save anything in those folders. If you do, those things will happen.

Everything should be stored in another location and should even be kept out entirely from the C:\ drive. Always.

For now, repeat step 1, iow transfer the video file from your phone. Hopefully it´s still there or in a cloud service that the phone use.

I think it´s unfortunately that Adobe (still) defaults to those folders with a new install of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it´s unfortunately that Adobe (still) defaults to those folders with a new install of the app.

By @Averdahl

If user has but one drive (which often is the case) there is not much choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Averdahl

If user has but one drive (which often is the case) there is not much choice.

By @Ann Bens

Of course there is another choice. Instead of using the Adobe default folder C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\VersionNumber to store/export everything one can create a new folder in the root of the C:\ and use that. 

Yes, they are still on C:\ but having a dedicated folder and keep C:\Users out of everything else is much better. 🙂

But one see users on a daily basis that save projects, export media and store source files to C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\VersionNumber since that´s what Premiere Pro always defaults to in new installs. That can become a big problem fast, especially if an upgrade wipe the old folders when it upgrade. Autoupgrade is the default as well... I blame Adobe for this.

I think Adobe should be more active in app and urge the end user to create a new folder and move away the end user from using the C:\Users folder when creating the first project/first export altogether.

Admittedly, i don´t know if the TS by "...ALL SAVED VIDEO FILES IN ADOBE FOLDERS" mean those folders or a folder in another location created by the TS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll never use the same folder again. Unfortunately, the video is not in the cloud (not sure why because the pictures I took along with are). So when I dragged the video into premiere, it was the only copy.....and it is completely gone. Did an extensive file recovery last night.....it's as if the file never existed. Damn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines