• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere playback issue, crashes when trying to change preferences

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Adobe Premiere and installed it. All I'm trying to do is overlay a video file with different audio, should be simple right?

First off an image shows up in the previewer, but there's no playback. I see some posts suggesting to try and change preferences settings and play with the audio hardware section. But any time I make any changes in preferences it crashes the whole program. So I'm stuck not knowing how to fix it. Why is it crashing?

I'm on windows 10, and my audio is hooked up to a UAD Apollo interface. I've tried .mov and .mp4 files no difference, both don't playback. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There!

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry to see that you're having an issue with playback in Premiere Pro.

Here is an article that may help you, check this and let us know if it's helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/troubleshoot_playback_performance.html

Regards,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kartika, 

im using the very latest version just installed. Premiere Pro 2020 14.0.1. 

I've tried changing the audio hardware, but any time I touch anything in project settings (like the playback engine) or anything in preferences->audio hardware the whole session freezes and crashes.  

I have a good processor, 16gb of RAM, and premiere is on my SSD drive so my computer should be able to run it no problem. 

I'm at work until 5PM PST but if there was a way I could get in contact With a support member after it would be greatly appreciated I'd like to resolve this as fast as possible. 

is the newest version of premiere pro buggy? Should I try reinstalling with a prior version and if so which one? 

any ideas will help please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @officialkairosmusic,

You can contact us on phone or chat support here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

In the meantime, you can try resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I managed to get it working. Basically any time I would try and change preferences when I had clips in it would crash Premiere. I had to change the settings and preferences BEFORE importing any files to the session, that worked for me. Odd that that's even necessary though. 

Regards, 

Kairos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting us know.

Best,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem, but no matter what I do it just won't work. Everything else seems to work fine, but opening any settings just crashes it. While I do not have a great computer (it's a laptop) it never had this problem before. I get no audio. So I use the mixer settings, but still no audio. So I go to audio hardware, but that crashes it. Please help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using version 23.2.0, or build 69.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines