• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 15.1 update Custom Effects presets missing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Premiere pro 15.1 and all of my custom effects presets are missing? Is there a way to recover these or do I have to start from scratch.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had at least 3 folders of saved preset effects and they are gone after updating to 15.1 on a Windows 10 machine.  Not only that, but whatever was saved in those folders is gone.  For example, I had an effect called TEXT WIPE and it's gone, not even searchable in the Effects Search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with updateing to 15.2

ADOBE, can you address this issue?  Seems like a simple fix, but then again I'm not the one doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this thanks to some diligent googling and info in this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/custom-bin-in-effects-missing-in-premiere/m-p/10595119

Go to the Creative Cloud app, click All Apps, then click the 3 dots next to Premiere Pro.  Click Other Versions and roll back to the 15.0 version of Premiere Pro.

In Windows 10, I went to Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 14.0 (the previous version that correctly had my Custom Effects Bins) > Profile-YOUR NAME

There's a file called "Effect Presets and Custom Items," copy this and go back to the Premiere Pro folder then click 15.0 > Profile-YOUR NAME and paste and replace your file here.  Re-open Premiere Pro and it should be there.  You may notice that the file you’re replacing is small (mine was 2 KB) and the Effects file from 14.0 is larger (910 KB).  Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here!

You can also copy the folder from PrPro 14, so you have.

And than paste into the PrPro 15 folder.

MAC:

Dokuments/Adobe/Premiere Pro/14 or 15/Profile Username/Effects and Custom Items

My file size before copying in the PrPro 15 folder: 2 KB, and after copying: 3 MB !

R. Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

What if my Custom folder is completely gone?

I was trying to import a preset for Tiktok/reels and the custom sequence folder is no longer there.  it is on my computer but not showing up in premiere pro.  Also i should say that ive only been using PP for abaout 16 hours HAH newb is an understatement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Me too. Rolling back to 15.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution to this problem. 

The issue I encountered was the same. I would try and import the 2020 (v14) "Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset" into the 2021 (v15.1) or 2022 (v22) version of premiere pro. No effects or presets would appear. I think the root of the problem is that Importing the old "Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset" does not work anymore. At least this is how to do it without using the "Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset" file.

Here is what I did to get this to work: 

Firstly,

install ppro v15 (cc 2021) and then import copy the"Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset" from document\adobe\premiere pro\22.0 to 15.0 (I added a test effect in v22 to see if it imported correctly into v15)

then opening cc 2021 you need to CMD or CTL select all existing presets you want to copy over. Selecting Custom Bins wont work unfortunately. But you can select Preset Bins or individual Presets. Right click and Export the presets with a name of your choice.

import the newly exported file through the app in v22 (cc 2022).

After many weeks of not being able to update to cc 2021 (v15.1<) I am glad I can finally retreive all my effects from cc2020! 

If you still haven't updated to v22 this process might still work from v14 to v15.1.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines