• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 15.4.1 Hangs During Exporting

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues with Adobe Premiere 15.4.1 hanging during the Encoding on Export?  It's stuck at 17% and is doing nothing, it's happened twice now trying to export a video and each time I've had to End Task from Task Manager.

Format H.264

Present Custom: Youtube 1080P at 60FPS

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jarellh18189860,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Do you see any error message? Try clearing the media cache and export.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error messages, it just gets to a percentage and then stops.  I can click cancel and it will cancel and the screen shows Rendering.  I've already Rendered In & Out before Exporting.  Or sometimes Adobe Premiere goes into Not Responding.  This time it goes to 4% and stopped.

CPU = AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970x  32-Core Processor 3.70Ghz

GPU = NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

RAM = 32GB

Windows 10 Home Build 20H2

Adobe Freeze.JPG

Screen shot after clicking cancel

Adobe Freeze Pic 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using the smart render workflow.  If there's corrupt source clip, you'll be able to pinpoint the clip in the timeline

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDD is a 2TB Patriot Viper Gaming VP4100 Series (PCIE GEN4) MVME M.2 SSD.  Free Space 710GB

Yes I'm using NVIDIA Graphics on the Studio Driver and it's on Version 471.68 release date 8/10/21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other videos are working fine it's these specific TV/Movie reaction type videos that are having some issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not clear to me if you've tried smart rendering as described in the link I posted...

not sure what TV/Movie reaction type videos are?  Any chance these are screen captures?  If so, the problem may be that some of your sources are variable frame rate.  
use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the TV show is screen captured with OBS

It's even stopping when doing Render In and Out now

Render in and out.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

people report obs screen captures as contant frame rate, but I'd suggest minimally  using media info to determine if it is...  and if it is, following the instructions in my previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded MediaInfo and imported the OBS file, where does it tell me that it's variable frame rate on MediaInfo?MediaInfo.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to view:  tree or text and go down to frame rate modeScreen Shot 2021-09-10 at 10.31.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Capture video is Constant frame rate.  Rendering is still hanging when doing Render In and Out for some reason it just stops.  This is really getting frustrating.  No issues previously until recently.  Doing the same process I've always done when editing videos, no hardware changes and all of a sudden it now can't Render the sequences properly.

Render Hang.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be an Adobe Issue as I can cancel out, then the project screen goes black.  I can save the project and when I close Premiere it goes into not responding and I'll have to end task to clear it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Mecury GPU acceleration and it seems that my GPU just stops processing when it hangs.  So I don't know if Adobe is having issues with GPU acceleration or what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried turning the renderer to software in your project settings,?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try transcoding the screen capture clip using Adobe media encoder to an all
i-frame code like prores422 and replacing the problematic clip in the
timeline... if adobe media encoder fails, post back and we can suggest
some alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I seem to have possibly fixed the Render In and Out Issue by rolling back my NVIDIA Studio Driver to Version 471.41 and my renders completed without issue.  Possibly Adobe 15.4.1 is having issues wiht 
BUT I'm still having issues with trying to Export the file.  It's still giving me the Adobe Media Encoder Export Error "Error completing render", Selector 9 Error Code 3 when I assumed rendering is already complete since I Render In and Out before exporting.  Still showing me a timecode of a potential issue with the clip. That short of a length is causing an issue? There aren't any effects on that clip at all, it just simple video playing. I think Adobe is having some sort of Export issue going on they are not aware of right now and needs to be patched as I've had no issues up until a few days ago.

Then when I either remove the problem piece of the clip and try to export it again it once again just stops during the Exporting Encoding process. There are no issues with my clips, so something with Premiere or Media Encoder is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran the export without the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration and used the normal Mercury Playback Engine and it worked for the export. So Premiere is having some sort of issue using GPU Acceleration all of a sudden because why would it produce the the Error Rendering or just stop encoding with GPU acceleration on but doesn't do it when it's off.  Something is not working right and Adobe definitely needs to fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you render the entire timeline using a high quality all i-frame codec like prores 422(HQ) and then make sure you've got the "use previews" checked in the export dialog?

could be there's some corruption in the timeline.  Create a new sequence with the same settings, make the problematic timeline active and select all and then make the new timeline active and paste.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I may have resolved my issue.  It seems alot of it was dealing with the Video Drivers failing during Rendering and Export. Each time it would stop it would show Video Driver errors or my monitors would black out.  I did a clean installation of my NVIDIA Studio Driver and i'm on the latest version.  After that I was able to properly Render In and Out the project successfully.  I then used Adobe Media Encoder for exporting rather than Premiere and changed the export format to H.265 and it processed and exported successfully.

I appreciate all the troubleshooting tips and help on this.  If anything else comes up I'll be sure to reach back out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines